1994 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews

1994 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Great Vehicle!
By dmw78 on 02/17/15 08:44 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I bought my S10 brand new in 1994 and it has never left me sit. It runs great even with 160,000+ miles on it. There is no rust anywhere, which is great for having it up north in the snow. The 4WD works like a charm. The only problem I had with it was the anit-lock brakes. I kept telling them I had a problem. They caused me to slam a Honda Civic in the rear. It put the rear bumper of the Civic in the back seat, while I had less than $200.00 damage to the S10. The next week there was a recall for the anti-lock brakes. They have worked ever since. Take care of your S10 and it will take care of you. I love mine, probably never get rid of it. The paint is starting to show wear after 21 years.

300,000 miles and still going strong
By Brad on 07/28/10 10:24 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

Bought the S10 in the fall of 1994 because I just relocated to Northeastern Ohio and I needed four wheel drive for the winter. I have never been left stranded by this truck and beyond routine maintenance I have had no repair issues. I would recommend these trucks to anyone.

237,000 Miles
By tngatorfan on 08/12/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this truck in 2000 from the original owner for college and it has gone the distance. It just died after 237,000 miles with only minor repairs to the engine and body. This was a fantastic vehicle and loved the style and fuel economy it provided. I towed my boat and used it to move three times during its life. I would replace the engine but it is no longer worth the cost. I changed the oil every three to four thousand miles. If you take care of it; it will take care of you.

In my opinion!
By 1bad+s-10! on 02/08/09 17:44 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

I don't know what most people think of the S-10 but I wouldn't trade mine for anything. I love this truck, don't get me wrong they do have some minor problems like, lack of room, the seats are a bit uncomfortable, and it's not to smooth of a ride either but the looks are incredible. The 4.3 vortec that came in mine can hold its own against any stock v8 I have encountered but a Chevy 350 swap is amazing in this small truck.

Oh Yes
By Aaron on 01/04/09 15:28 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

I bought this S-10 thinking it was old and a pretty cruddy truck. I looked at the odometer and it only had 40,196 original miles on it. I love this truck. It has no rust, no scratches, and no dents or dings. It was taken care of. I continue to do the same. It has alloy rims and a 5 speed manual transmission. I have the 2.2L straight 4 engine in the truck. I have made some upgrades to the engine and boosted the horsepower tremendesly.

S-dime
By lowered94 on 09/18/08 18:15 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

Love my truck! 1994 base model work truck. Runs amazing, lowered 5 inches in front 7 inches in back, and rockin 20 inch wheels. My third S10, and definitely not my last!

Leave well enough alone!
By mixerman1972 on 01/26/08 05:29 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

I love my S10. It has never given me any mechanical problems except sensors and the fuel pump, but being 14 yrs old and having 178000 miles, I think that is excellent! There is very little rust and I live in the north east. The mileage is at best 16mpg on the road, around town its about 12mpg. This truck has only left me stranded once, that is when the fuel pump went. The truck is fantastic in the mud and has a very comfortable ride

I love this truck!
By racinmason on 11/29/07 22:17 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab LB

This was my first vehicle I bought myself in April of 2001. I still have it, still drive it and still love it. Over the years this truck has been very reliable and the quality is great. The only problem I have with it is the 2.2L 4cylinder engine. bad idea on GM's part, engine is way too small for this truck and eats gas like crazy and extremely underpowered, 4:10 gears don't help fuel consumption either, 21mpg at best and thats driving it easy.

My S10
By Ryan Robinson on 10/23/07 23:19 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Regular Cab SB

Very low operation cost. Dependable and inexpensive to insure. Adequately powered relatively comfortable for short commutes. Attractive and handles nimbly.

Great Truck
By p8md on 07/25/07 06:10 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 LS 2dr Extended Cab SB

Overall this truck has been great! I drive 50 miles a day and have had no major problems. The 4.3L is peppy and gets 22 MPG on highway (not bad for a 6 cylinder). I have 175,000 miles on this truck, it does not burn or leak oil, and have had no problems except routine maintenence.