Used 1993 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Truck that keeps truckin'
By PrimeTap

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought this used and it had around 55,000 miles on it at the time. Now it has over 117,000 on it, is over 17 years old and is still serving me well. This Tahoe hard to find long bed (never seen another in person) 4x4 is a good bit larger than the standard S-10 and the powerful 4.3L V6 makes it a perfect balance for me of function, power and size. The power this has in 4 wheel drive is simply amazing. I have worked this vehicle hard and it has even pulled a large, very heavy tree from my driveway with ease. It has done everything ask of it without fail. It has been solid, rugged and dependable not to mention fun. It needed a heater core as most GMs at 75k but no problems otherwise.

Favorite Features

Power, versatility, sliding rear window, manual windows, 4 speed automatic, bed space, shelf in dash perfect for sunshade, overall look and of course, reliability.

Suggested Improvements

Chevy needs to bring this truck back pretty much as is; manual windows and all (hate power windows but that's my opinion). The design has a timeless look. Such dependability in a workhorse is hard to beat. I would suggest a vinyl, rather than a cloth, headliner. A quad cab option would be super.

Black Beauty
By D. Hill

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck new in '93, it was the first car I ever purchased. It has the 2.8L v-6, which consistently gets 26mpg back and forth to work. It has the manual 5-speed, which makes you feel like you're driving a much larger truck. This was the last year they made the S-10 with the traditional truck styling, all the chrome, and accent strips, etc. Everytime I have the truck out someone will inevitably say to me, what a nice lookin truck! I wish I had a nickel for every time someone has complimented me on my black truck! It has a great ride, and handles well in the rain and snow. I once had a cop pull me ove just to look at my truck.

Favorite Features

Stick shift and ABS brakes

Suggested Improvements

None

Very Reliable, Long Lasting, IT ROCKS!
By iowalee

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had this truck for 11 years, 135000 miles. Tune up @ 100k, brakes replace x1, Original alternator and exhaust. It is the most reliable, inexpensive to maintain, well built auto I have ever owned.

Favorite Features

Minimal Repairs, 2.8 V-6, Great Gas Milage, Sliding rear window, Always starts

Suggested Improvements

Poor inside door latch, Bad A/C, Brittle inside plastic pieces, but after 11 years, what do you expect?

135000 miles and still running good
By kup

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

Have had very few problems with this truck. Have 135000 miles on engine and it still is running good.

They don't make them like this anymore
By Ryan Yinkey

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This is an extremly nice truck, it has more then enough power to tow a heavy load and accerate like you wouldn't believe with the 4.3L. Its a very reliable truck and will do anything you ask it. Extremly reliable, we've had this truck for about 9 years and still runs like its brand new. Take care of this truck and it will take care of you

Favorite Features

4.3L (thats a lot of power) Durability and Reliability. Goes anywhere, and does anything. hardly ever have to replace any parts. The styling is pretty nice too, its a very slick truck

Suggested Improvements

No complaints yet!!!!