1993 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Truck that keeps truckin'
By PrimeTap on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought this used and it had around 55,000 miles on it at the time. Now it has over 117,000 on it, is over 17 years old and is still serving me well. This Tahoe hard to find long bed (never seen another in person) 4x4 is a good bit larger than the standard S-10 and the powerful 4.3L V6 makes it a perfect balance for me of function, power and size. The power this has in 4 wheel drive is simply amazing. I have worked this vehicle hard and it has even pulled a large, very heavy tree from my driveway with ease. It has done everything ask of it without fail. It has been solid, rugged and dependable not to mention fun. It needed a heater core as most GMs at 75k but no problems otherwise.

Love my Baby Truck
By Best Truck Ever on 09/01/08 19:27 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I be driving this truck for the past five years and love getting into it every morning. I have just put a new paint job on it because it was fading. People are asking if I want to sell. The answer would be no. It's great in the winter, 4WD will get me through any snow storm and I have only had normal maintance (brakes, oil changes) that have had to be done.

Black Beauty
By D. Hill on 08/30/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck new in '93, it was the first car I ever purchased. It has the 2.8L v-6, which consistently gets 26mpg back and forth to work. It has the manual 5-speed, which makes you feel like you're driving a much larger truck. This was the last year they made the S-10 with the traditional truck styling, all the chrome, and accent strips, etc. Everytime I have the truck out someone will inevitably say to me, what a nice lookin truck! I wish I had a nickel for every time someone has complimented me on my black truck! It has a great ride, and handles well in the rain and snow. I once had a cop pull me ove just to look at my truck.

The Perfect Truck
By TMAN on 08/29/07 19:23 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this little truck as a work truck, and it has been the best truck ive ever had. Im a mechanic by trade and have been very impressed all around with it. Never had to do anything major to it yet, at 143000 miles!!! The 4.3 engine is super strong and super tough, very,very quick truck. I have left a many a full size truck and car in the dust!!! I have no plans of parting company with this little gem. I drive it every day and its never let me down yet. Its also a pleasure to drive....cant beat that combo

Best little green machine
By s-10 chick on 06/09/06 14:43 PM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Extended Cab SB

This was the first new auto I ever purchased and I have never regreted that. It was in two major wrecks and still no problems, regular maintance has been all that it needed (alternator, batteries, brakes, etc.) I have loved this truck. It has lots of get up and go with 2.8 v6 and 5 speed. It has never let me down. Hauls what I need it to and never complains. It has been a dream truck. I like the Chevrolet look of the truck and cannot believe how reliable it is.

Lovin my truck
By ahooters on 07/17/05 02:41 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Totally in love with this truck, though it needs a little tlc I really am enjoying the time and effort I am putting into this truck. I would of never wanted a better first time truck to learn all my mechanics on. She is totally built to last and take me any where I want to go. I have had to do some routine fixing like brakes and muffler, there was a little bit of a problem with the transmission leaking but it was just a minor fall back. The body on her was immaculate and the interior is beautiful. I have taken out the middle console and am in the midst of changing the bucket seats. I am going to eventually put a bit of a lift on her but just so that 4x4 is a little bit more of an ease.

Very Reliable, Long Lasting, IT ROCKS!
By iowalee on 09/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

I have had this truck for 11 years, 135000 miles. Tune up @ 100k, brakes replace x1, Original alternator and exhaust. It is the most reliable, inexpensive to maintain, well built auto I have ever owned.

135000 miles and still running good
By kup on 06/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

Have had very few problems with this truck. Have 135000 miles on engine and it still is running good.

They don't make them like this anymore
By Ryan Yinkey on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

This is an extremly nice truck, it has more then enough power to tow a heavy load and accerate like you wouldn't believe with the 4.3L. Its a very reliable truck and will do anything you ask it. Extremly reliable, we've had this truck for about 9 years and still runs like its brand new. Take care of this truck and it will take care of you

I love my truck
By Chris Grizzard on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

This is a very nice truck its small and has alot of power for a V6 its also a great truck to customize from body kits to rims to dropping in 350 small blocks its a awsome truck