Used 1993 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Truck that keeps truckin'
By PrimeTap

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I bought this used and it had around 55,000 miles on it at the time. Now it has over 117,000 on it, is over 17 years old and is still serving me well. This Tahoe hard to find long bed (never seen another in person) 4x4 is a good bit larger than the standard S-10 and the powerful 4.3L V6 makes it a perfect balance for me of function, power and size. The power this has in 4 wheel drive is simply amazing. I have worked this vehicle hard and it has even pulled a large, very heavy tree from my driveway with ease. It has done everything ask of it without fail. It has been solid, rugged and dependable not to mention fun. It needed a heater core as most GMs at 75k but no problems otherwise.

Power, versatility, sliding rear window, manual windows, 4 speed automatic, bed space, shelf in dash perfect for sunshade, overall look and of course, reliability.

Chevy needs to bring this truck back pretty much as is; manual windows and all (hate power windows but that's my opinion). The design has a timeless look. Such dependability in a workhorse is hard to beat. I would suggest a vinyl, rather than a cloth, headliner. A quad cab option would be super.

Love my Baby Truck
By Best Truck Ever

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I be driving this truck for the past five years and love getting into it every morning. I have just put a new paint job on it because it was fading. People are asking if I want to sell. The answer would be no. It's great in the winter, 4WD will get me through any snow storm and I have only had normal maintance (brakes, oil changes) that have had to be done.

The style of the truck is my favorite feature.

None!

Black Beauty
By D. Hill

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this truck new in '93, it was the first car I ever purchased. It has the 2.8L v-6, which consistently gets 26mpg back and forth to work. It has the manual 5-speed, which makes you feel like you're driving a much larger truck. This was the last year they made the S-10 with the traditional truck styling, all the chrome, and accent strips, etc. Everytime I have the truck out someone will inevitably say to me, what a nice lookin truck! I wish I had a nickel for every time someone has complimented me on my black truck! It has a great ride, and handles well in the rain and snow. I once had a cop pull me ove just to look at my truck.

Stick shift and ABS brakes

None

The Perfect Truck
By TMAN

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this little truck as a work truck, and it has been the best truck ive ever had. Im a mechanic by trade and have been very impressed all around with it. Never had to do anything major to it yet, at 143000 miles!!! The 4.3 engine is super strong and super tough, very,very quick truck. I have left a many a full size truck and car in the dust!!! I have no plans of parting company with this little gem. I drive it every day and its never let me down yet. Its also a pleasure to drive....cant beat that combo

Love the 4.3 and its a very nice looking truck. It looks like a real truck and will work, haul and tow with the best of the big boys. People try to buy this truck almost every day....sorry not for sale

None

Best little green machine
By s-10 chick

1993 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Extended Cab SB

This was the first new auto I ever purchased and I have never regreted that. It was in two major wrecks and still no problems, regular maintance has been all that it needed (alternator, batteries, brakes, etc.) I have loved this truck. It has lots of get up and go with 2.8 v6 and 5 speed. It has never let me down. Hauls what I need it to and never complains. It has been a dream truck. I like the Chevrolet look of the truck and cannot believe how reliable it is.

Its got guts, gas mileage (26 mpg), and reliability. The Tahoe package has very comfortable seats and nice interior.

Some small fit and finish issues in interior. Cup holders would be nice and a better blower fan. Headliner could be glued in better.