1992 Chevrolet S-10 Base Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Sort Reviews by

Best truck ever
By Terry

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

We bought this truck new. Very few problems never has left me stranded. I have beaten this truck mercilessly, hauled more then I should and pulled way too much. It's been a rock. Never leaves me stranded. Its all original and is my daily driver today. I will never buy another daily driver and it will not be given to anyone else. I will probably be buried in it when I die. 221,000 miles, no engine work, one clutch and oil changes. That's it. I have had several s10's because of this one. Met my girlfriend in it, married her with it and will die with both of them.

Favorite Features

Boxy, manual transmission. Classic lines. Factory black out package and sport suspension.

Suggested Improvements

GM should pay me back for all the positive, free advertisement I have given them. When they start building this truck again is when I will buy a new GM vehicle.

Best Truck Yet
By Minnesotafreebird

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab LB

I just bought this truck back in June with 152,000 miles on it. It's up to 155,608 miles now. It's still running great, the only thing that needs replacing is the radiator, which only has a small leak, when I bought the clutch was just replaced and a new water pump was put in. The 2.8L V6 engine is a great engine, no matter what anyone else says. As long as you take care of it it will last forever. The only other problem with it is the alignment in the front is off, nothing major though.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing.

True blue
By Bryan

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck drives and handles well. I drive it hard like a Jeep and it always is ready for the next challenge.

Favorite Features

My truck is equipped with the 4.3L V6 and this is probobly the most reliable engine ever made.

Suggested Improvements

Interior carpet is a hassle to clean and should not be a standard option.

Fun Truck
By mustangman68s

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab 4WD SB

First off, I've always been a Ford man. But I got a great deal on this truck by buying it from my sister. It has been a great truck ever since I have owned it. Only little things went wrong such at starter going out (granted I had just been off-roading the heck out of it), alternator going out and replacing a leaky heater core. Great truck!

Favorite Features

V6 has quite a bit of pep. 4WD drive is great. Drove through muddy water upto the middle of the doors and never came close to getting stuck.

Suggested Improvements

Getting to the heater core was quite a hassle. The dash was not designed to be able to get underneath it.

Pretty good...For a while
By Ruby Shaun

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab 2dr Regular Cab SB

Pretty good truck for a while...Don't take 2wd 4 cyl offroading through anything...It'll completely kill it. Rust is bad, but it gets me from place to place. Trying to get rid of it now, lookin for somethin bigger and roomier. Prolly going towards Ford, I had a ranger for a while and liked that a lil better, not by much..Going full- size ford.

Favorite Features

It just keeps going...It doesnt wanna die

Suggested Improvements

Add power...2.5L 4 cyl SUCKS! a truck should have power...not a lack there of

S10 Tahoe Regular Cab
By JohnnyP

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Regular Cab Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

Nice truck. good fuel economy. V6 not a good engine. looks good runs good. cant hold 300 pounds without bottoming out.

Favorite Features

fun to drive. fairly nice stereo.

Suggested Improvements

could have stiffer rear suspension. a more reliable V6 would be nice.