1992 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Incredible little truck
By sc_redneck on 04/16/12 13:11 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Maxi-Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck in 2010 with 126000 miles on it. it was still running like new at the time. It had overheating issues from offroading, but after they were fixed it ran like brand new. made the 1100 mile drive from SC to TX running steady at 70 mph and made it 450 miles on one tank. The only design flaws have been cosmetic (overwieght doors, window track issues). Incredbly easy to fix, customize, and do major repairs on. The truck is 20 years old, still has the factory motor and transmission, has 144000 miles on it and still runs like a champ. Easily the greatest financial descision i have ever made. I will replace the engine before i sell it (if the engine ever dies).

Dependable truck
By tbar on 12/04/04 19:37 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab Tahoe 2dr Maxi-Cab SB

Bought truck with 63000 miles now has 126000 with no major problems. Plan on keeping it for a few more years. Gets 22 mpg highway which is a lot better than the new Vortec 4.3 Getting a little rust around the wheel wells, paint still shines like new. She's been a real honey overall.

Good truck. Bad transmission.
By Greg Robinson on 08/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Maxi-Cab SB

I have owned this truck since 1995. I bought it with 55,000 miles and it has been a good one except at 115000 miles first gear went out and I got the transmision rebuilt and in two months second gear went out under warrenty and cost me nothing. I think it was a factory defect in the transmision.

1992 S10 EXT. CAB
By POST on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Maxi-Cab SB

THIS PU HAS BEEN A HIGHWAY TRUCK. EXCELLENT COND. INSIDE AND OUT. APPROX. 50000 MILES AGO A NEW GMAC ENGIN WAS INSTALLED AND THE TRANSMISSION REBUILT. NEARLY NEW TIRES. THIS HAS BEEN A VERY RELIABLE VEHICLE AND HAS BEEN WELL MAINTAINED.