Used 1992 Chevrolet S-10 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

Incredible little truck
By sc_redneck

1992 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Maxi-Cab 4WD SB

I bought this truck in 2010 with 126000 miles on it. it was still running like new at the time. It had overheating issues from offroading, but after they were fixed it ran like brand new. made the 1100 mile drive from SC to TX running steady at 70 mph and made it 450 miles on one tank. The only design flaws have been cosmetic (overwieght doors, window track issues). Incredbly easy to fix, customize, and do major repairs on. The truck is 20 years old, still has the factory motor and transmission, has 144000 miles on it and still runs like a champ. Easily the greatest financial descision i have ever made. I will replace the engine before i sell it (if the engine ever dies).

Reliability, ease of maintenence, versatility, ease of customization, squared off front end.

Lighter doors would have been geat and holes to run wires through the firewall.

Best truck ever
By Terry

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

We bought this truck new. Very few problems never has left me stranded. I have beaten this truck mercilessly, hauled more then I should and pulled way too much. It's been a rock. Never leaves me stranded. Its all original and is my daily driver today. I will never buy another daily driver and it will not be given to anyone else. I will probably be buried in it when I die. 221,000 miles, no engine work, one clutch and oil changes. That's it. I have had several s10's because of this one. Met my girlfriend in it, married her with it and will die with both of them.

Boxy, manual transmission. Classic lines. Factory black out package and sport suspension.

GM should pay me back for all the positive, free advertisement I have given them. When they start building this truck again is when I will buy a new GM vehicle.

Best Truck Yet
By Minnesotafreebird

1992 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LB

I just bought this truck back in June with 152,000 miles on it. It's up to 155,608 miles now. It's still running great, the only thing that needs replacing is the radiator, which only has a small leak, when I bought the clutch was just replaced and a new water pump was put in. The 2.8L V6 engine is a great engine, no matter what anyone else says. As long as you take care of it it will last forever. The only other problem with it is the alignment in the front is off, nothing major though.

Nothing.

True blue
By Bryan

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck drives and handles well. I drive it hard like a Jeep and it always is ready for the next challenge.

My truck is equipped with the 4.3L V6 and this is probobly the most reliable engine ever made.

Interior carpet is a hassle to clean and should not be a standard option.

Dependable truck
By tbar

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Maxi-Cab SB

Bought truck with 63000 miles now has 126000 with no major problems. Plan on keeping it for a few more years. Gets 22 mpg highway which is a lot better than the new Vortec 4.3 Getting a little rust around the wheel wells, paint still shines like new. She's been a real honey overall.

Dependability and gas mileage