1991 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Mama's Truck Now
By Mama's Truck Now on 11/24/08 13:20 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought with 20K miles for son to drive to college. 5 speed in floor. When son bought his first new car, I paid him $1000 for the truck. Have driven it for 12 years now and will keep it until I have to have it towed off. Great little truck that costs zilch to operate. Only work done on it was a fuel pump. At 160K now. Love my truck! (My other car is a Lexus)

Lil white
By ford man on 06/03/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is very reliable and fast. The 4.3 is a great engine. I hate Chevy but this one has done good. It's at 197,000 miles and still strong as ever. However bad gas mileage has hurt me a little. Over all good reliable truck. With bad paint. And can beat a V8 Mustang

Trustworthy workhorse & handy
By man_of_honor on 12/15/05 22:05 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought a 2.5L 4cyl Short Box with Automatic Transmission and Rallye Wheels new in 09-91. The S10 still delivers decent mileage, competent handling, and outstanding reliability. No engine repairs. No transmission repairs. No electrical repairs under the hood. The only parts to wear out have been the fuel pump, and consequently the dashboard fuel gauge (both replaced at 138,000 miles); the serpentine belt at 95,000 miles, and the water pump at 110,000 miles. The 4- cyl lacks punch in overdrive. But the transmission with well tuned gearing and 89 octane gas compensate nicely, provided you are willing to down-shift the automatic manually. It deserves my highest recommendation.

Good Basic Truck
By mowman777 on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

I was quite pleased with my purchase of the truck. I put a hard 140K miles on it. I towed a trailer regularly and even with the 4 cyl engine had no problems. Great truck for the price.

1991 S10 SB
By falconbrother on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

This little truck has been only fairly reliable. However, it's a decent little work horse for the size. The 2.5 engine is noisy, but good on gas. My little truck has hauled everything from motorcycles to entertainment centers. When one considers the cost to own this truck with how useful it is the only conclusion is that it's a great little truck.