Used 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

1991 S-10 4.3 V6 2WD
By Dave

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought it new in '91 and currently have 228K miles on it. Except for a transmission seal and some paint issues, no other repairs until 130K miles. Engine was rebuilt at 155K and has been running strong since. I've changed oil every 3K miles since purchase. It's been stolen twice in the last 3 years and keeps finding its way back home. If it wasn't for the 'peel-and-steal' steering column I would continue to drive it to work every day. Wanted 4WD but glad I didn't get it now as some people have reported issues over the years with drivetrain. It's been a pleasure to drive and I've had some heavy loads in it in the last two years.

Basic all-purpose pickup but fun to drive. Great gas mileage (23 city/28 highway). Taken a lot of punishment since the first time it was stolen.

Better paint, electrical. With no load the traction can be a challenge on sand/heavy rain...good traction control needed. More durable interior parts.

Best Chevy I ever had!!!
By S10's FOREVER!!

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this S10 new in '91. It sat on the lot almost a year, since it has no AC. It is mint green & white 2 tone (Have only seen 1 other like it). I LOVE this truck. Have only spent about $300 on it other than routine maint. It has 197,000+ miles on it with a 2.8 V6 and 5 spd tranny. Daily driver, still gets hwy mileage around 28 mpg, uses 1 qt of oil between 3,000 mile changes (it's been like that since it was new). I would strongly advise if you can find a good older S10, BUY IT!! I'm on the lookout for another one.

Truck drives good, handles good and great mileage for the miles I have put on it. I actually like this S10 BETTER than a '98 that I have. It gets the same gas mileage with a 2.8 V6 that my '98 with a 2.2 4cyl. Love everyting about the truck!!

Chevy should have kept the small S10. Good Reliable, fun to drive vehicle!!

Still Kicking
By cbod

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck brand new. A/C has gone out twice. Freeze plugs went bad before 70,000 miles. Transmission is finally about to go. But overall, one of the best vehicles I have every bought.

Reliable

No weight if rear - terrible in snow, sand, and mud

91 s10 2.8 litre
By EL

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've only put 6000 miles on it so far however not a single problem yet, and I've made 3 750 mile road trips back home included in those miles! I hear alot of bad PR about this Chevy 2.8 V6: sure theres not alot of pickup and mediocre power but it sure runs smooth and reliably so far. I had a camaro with the same engine no probs there either.

great gas mileage. Fun to drive, great handling.

The interior is dull and drab looking.