1991 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
1991 S-10 4.3 V6 2WD
By Dave on 05/05/06 12:14 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought it new in '91 and currently have 228K miles on it. Except for a transmission seal and some paint issues, no other repairs until 130K miles. Engine was rebuilt at 155K and has been running strong since. I've changed oil every 3K miles since purchase. It's been stolen twice in the last 3 years and keeps finding its way back home. If it wasn't for the 'peel-and-steal' steering column I would continue to drive it to work every day. Wanted 4WD but glad I didn't get it now as some people have reported issues over the years with drivetrain. It's been a pleasure to drive and I've had some heavy loads in it in the last two years.

Best Chevy I ever had!!!
By S10's FOREVER!! on 01/23/06 10:27 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this S10 new in '91. It sat on the lot almost a year, since it has no AC. It is mint green & white 2 tone (Have only seen 1 other like it). I LOVE this truck. Have only spent about $300 on it other than routine maint. It has 197,000+ miles on it with a 2.8 V6 and 5 spd tranny. Daily driver, still gets hwy mileage around 28 mpg, uses 1 qt of oil between 3,000 mile changes (it's been like that since it was new). I would strongly advise if you can find a good older S10, BUY IT!! I'm on the lookout for another one.

Still Kicking
By cbod on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought this truck brand new. A/C has gone out twice. Freeze plugs went bad before 70,000 miles. Transmission is finally about to go. But overall, one of the best vehicles I have every bought.

91 s10 2.8 litre
By EL on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've only put 6000 miles on it so far however not a single problem yet, and I've made 3 750 mile road trips back home included in those miles! I hear alot of bad PR about this Chevy 2.8 V6: sure theres not alot of pickup and mediocre power but it sure runs smooth and reliably so far. I had a camaro with the same engine no probs there either.