1991 Chevrolet S-10 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:
Mama's Truck Now
By Mama's Truck Now on 11/24/08 13:20 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought with 20K miles for son to drive to college. 5 speed in floor. When son bought his first new car, I paid him $1000 for the truck. Have driven it for 12 years now and will keep it until I have to have it towed off. Great little truck that costs zilch to operate. Only work done on it was a fuel pump. At 160K now. Love my truck! (My other car is a Lexus)

Lil white
By ford man on 06/03/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is very reliable and fast. The 4.3 is a great engine. I hate Chevy but this one has done good. It's at 197,000 miles and still strong as ever. However bad gas mileage has hurt me a little. Over all good reliable truck. With bad paint. And can beat a V8 Mustang

My beater
By Jett1 on 10/30/07 11:13 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Maxi-Cab 4WD SB

91 4x4 4.3L swb 3rd owner. These years of trucks were the last of the trucks that were not yuppie-fied. I bought the truck had to replace engine (due to my driving style) new clutch new tires and breaks. with all that still like the truck the lack of performance and poor fuel econ keeps me from speeding. And its size keep the truck needing friends at bay. I know that it sounds like I don't like my truck but I do very much. I hope to have my kids learn to drive in it because the prev mentioned reasons and it is old enough to not be concerned with the expected body damage.

1991 S-10 4.3 V6 2WD
By Dave on 05/05/06 12:14 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought it new in '91 and currently have 228K miles on it. Except for a transmission seal and some paint issues, no other repairs until 130K miles. Engine was rebuilt at 155K and has been running strong since. I've changed oil every 3K miles since purchase. It's been stolen twice in the last 3 years and keeps finding its way back home. If it wasn't for the 'peel-and-steal' steering column I would continue to drive it to work every day. Wanted 4WD but glad I didn't get it now as some people have reported issues over the years with drivetrain. It's been a pleasure to drive and I've had some heavy loads in it in the last two years.

Best Chevy I ever had!!!
By S10's FOREVER!! on 01/23/06 10:27 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Tahoe 2dr Regular Cab SB

I bought this S10 new in '91. It sat on the lot almost a year, since it has no AC. It is mint green & white 2 tone (Have only seen 1 other like it). I LOVE this truck. Have only spent about $300 on it other than routine maint. It has 197,000+ miles on it with a 2.8 V6 and 5 spd tranny. Daily driver, still gets hwy mileage around 28 mpg, uses 1 qt of oil between 3,000 mile changes (it's been like that since it was new). I would strongly advise if you can find a good older S10, BUY IT!! I'm on the lookout for another one.

Trustworthy workhorse & handy
By man_of_honor on 12/15/05 22:05 PM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

Bought a 2.5L 4cyl Short Box with Automatic Transmission and Rallye Wheels new in 09-91. The S10 still delivers decent mileage, competent handling, and outstanding reliability. No engine repairs. No transmission repairs. No electrical repairs under the hood. The only parts to wear out have been the fuel pump, and consequently the dashboard fuel gauge (both replaced at 138,000 miles); the serpentine belt at 95,000 miles, and the water pump at 110,000 miles. The 4- cyl lacks punch in overdrive. But the transmission with well tuned gearing and 89 octane gas compensate nicely, provided you are willing to down-shift the automatic manually. It deserves my highest recommendation.

Still going strong
By wjhm on 03/19/05 00:05 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB

I've loved this truck, currently at 160,000 miles and running strong still. Have had only very minor problems that came with age. I expect it'll keep going for a while longer. Great for hauling things (from furniture, rocks, dirt, etc.) and passing other cars on the road.

1 owner faithful pickup
By leme on 10/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab LB

This truck has been in our family its whole life and is still going strong at 180,000 miles. It used to be much better on gas mileage, but it doesn't owe us anything anymore. The 4.3 V6 still has plenty of power. She went through a salt water flood up to her floorboards 5 years ago, and aside from body rust hasn't shown any signs of giving up. I hope my next pickup gives me the reliability of 'ol Red'.

Good Basic Truck
By mowman777 on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

I was quite pleased with my purchase of the truck. I put a hard 140K miles on it. I towed a trailer regularly and even with the 4 cyl engine had no problems. Great truck for the price.

1991 S10 SB
By falconbrother on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 2dr Regular Cab SB

This little truck has been only fairly reliable. However, it's a decent little work horse for the size. The 2.5 engine is noisy, but good on gas. My little truck has hauled everything from motorcycles to entertainment centers. When one considers the cost to own this truck with how useful it is the only conclusion is that it's a great little truck.