Used 1990 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 model:

solid truck
By rowedaddy

1990 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab Tahoe 2dr Maxi-Cab SB

so far this has been a great truck.only had to replace one thing and that was the fan belt.truck was specially order when new has all the options on it including a digital instrument panal and the optional 4.3l v-6 and 4 speed automatic. truck has all the power i will need in fact it has quicker 0- 60mph runs than the newest s10 pickups. my truck can hit 0-60 in 9.5 seconds versus 9.7 for a s10 vortec 4.3 kinda wierd huh.and it can also make quick work of a 4.6 expedition and a 92 ford explorer 4.0 trust me ive raced.

Favorite Features

toquey and ferocius 4.3. lusty growl when you hit the gas. smooth shifting transmission. can chirp the tires in 2nd gear and its an automatic. eats 4 cylinder trucks for pleasure on straights.

Suggested Improvements

the 3.08.1 rear gears do not suit this trucks engine. ride gets bouncy and rough on pothole covered roads. leans a little in cornering.

I Love this Truck
By dlh298

1990 Chevrolet S-10 Extended Cab 2dr Maxi-Cab SB

I owned this vehicle for almost 10 years and put on about 180,000 miles during that time. The truck left me on the side of the road only twice in that time. and then only for easily fixed items (once was the water pump, and the other the alternator). Considering the time and mileage put into her the yearly maintenance cost was minimal because almost nothing ever broke.

Favorite Features

The 2.5 L 4 cylinder engine combined with the 5 speed manual transmission. Gas Mileage was great for a truck, and she would handle anything I put her through.

Suggested Improvements

The ammenities that newer vehicles have such as power steering, lock, and windows. Interior redesign.