Used 1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 Blazer model:

165000 Miles & Still Kickin'
By CharlieJ

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

My 1994 Blazer Tahoe LT is the first truck I've ever owned. I bought it used in 1996. At the time of this review, it has ~165k miles. In the past 6 yrs, I have replaced the O2 sensor and EGR valve. Other than regular maintenance and the occassional cleaning of carbon from the system, the Blazer has been a "jam- up" truck. The Vortec V6 will FLY -- without a hefty toll on fuel economy. BTW, I like the Blazer so much, I'm moving up to a Yukon SLT next.

Plain & simple, the Vortec V6 engine is the best attribute of the Chevy Blazer. Second would be the convenience features of power everything (except mirrors).

Well, we're two generations out since the 1994 Blazer -- and most of the improvements that were needed have been met by the TrailBlazer/Tahoe/Yukon and others. The only negatives I can think of are the UGLY 2nd gen Blazers ('95-'02) and the low fuel economy.

Solid Performer at a Reasonable Price
By sinc

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck almost 5 years ago primarily to tow a 16' boat. I also rented and towed a tent trailer with it. There aren't too many vehicles, other than SUVs or pickups that are suitable for towing. It did a fine job at towing the boat and trailer. To date I have put about 44,000 kilometers on the truck with virtually no problems (other a fuel pump replacement). I no longer have the boat but will keep the truck as it has turned out to be a very practical and reliable vehicle. I now have 128,000 kilometers on it. I expect it'll go to 300,000+ kilometers. I would definitely recommend this vehicle.

Good power, comfortable, easy to maneuver. Cruise control, A/C, 4 wheel drive. Reliable. Nice looking.

Remove the wiper operation from the turn signals. Sometimes the wipers come on when using the turn signal. Modify design for rear window defrost. The wire breaks easily where it attaches to the window. Improve ability of truck to resist rust.

Good Engine, Rust Bucket
By glassland

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall mechanical aspect of the car is good. Engine is as good as when I bought it. In 117,000 miles only had to replace fuel pump and water pump. Chevy/GM gets a '1' on a scale of 1 to 10 for quality when it comes to body. Car started to rust at 28,000 miles and chevy was not surprised. Car is garaged kept. Dealership told me there is a design flaw in 'weep' holes in front doors. Also design flaw in tailgate that everytime gate is opened a little bit of paint wears away. After 5 years started to rust. Blazers 1994 and older all have this. GM did replace one of the 2 front doors.

Reliable engine. Comfortable seats.

Solid Engine
By P.D.

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

The engine has been very reliable. Still as tons of power and runs extremely smooth. No complaints with the V6 Vortec. However, who the hell designed the suspensions system for these things. The suspension is appropriate for a light weight pick up. Ball joints, shocks,etc. are a constant issue. If you purchase this truck, don't install stock shocks and ball joints. UPGRADE to a higher weight class.

Comfort, power, and 4WD.

Build a more solid suspension to accomodate the weight of the vehicle.

Worst vehicle I ever owned
By B. Pryor

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

There is only one positive aspect of this vehicle. It will almost always come out better than the other car involved in a wreck. That, however, does not make it good, not at all. I have not gone more than one month since I purchased it without putting it in the shop. I am about to put my third set of brakes in it(rotors and all), as soon as I get the drive shaft replaced, which broke for no apparent reason. I think it just got tired. I have been through multiple alternators, and have had countless dollars worth of engine work done to it.

It has nice a/c and the cd player doesn't ever skip

Burn it?