Used 1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

Most Helpful|
'94 Chevy "T" Blazer
By siutech

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

Oringal owner with approx. 126,000 miles. Still getting 20 mpg (mostly all interstate driving) very good powertrain with the bulletproof 4.3W and 700 series trans. Have had the front doors replaced due to rust but was covered by GM's 6 year 100,000 mile body warranty.

Favorite Features

4x4 - Powertrain - MPG

Suggested Improvements

none

Pretty Good Vehicle
By Darren

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this vehicle for over 4 years and have been very satisfied for the most part. It always starts faithfully and seems to be reliable. I purchased this vehicle from a private party with 134,000 miles on it and have added 40,000 since. I do not know what all has been replaced on it however the only problem I have had is the EGR valve clogging up with carbon. I have removed and cleaned it three times. This has proven successful each time. You do not want to buy this part unless you truly need to for it is very expensive. Over-all I am very pleased and plan to keep it for a long time.

Favorite Features

Reliability and interior comfort with the leather seating. A/C is great.

Suggested Improvements

Rust proofing, EGR valve

'94 Chevy S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4D 2WD
By Corgwyn

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV

This is my 2nd Blazer - the first was an '84 with 100+k when I bought this one new. It now has 190K on the clock and still running. I wish they still made them this tough - they are so "civilian" now that I won't be buying a 3rd. Goes anywhere; very rarely gets stuck in snow (I have studded snow tires & a positraction rear). Mileage is 22+ on the highway. Have only done maintenance over the years, but changed oil religiously, at 500, 1K, 1500 then every 3K. Need a good basic SUV that's not too big? This is the one.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive and reliable. Always starts. Lots of power & great storage room. 2WD saves on gas. I'm gonna miss it when it goes.

Suggested Improvements

Tailgate rattles and rear defroster stopped working about 90K ago. Multiple repairs have not worked. Also fix rust on bottom of doors & tailgate. Radio could be better. An intermittent rear wiper would be nice too. Center console needs to be tougher.

4xblazer
By josh westerfield

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I think that the blazer was and has been highly under rated. It has been the most dependable vehicle i've ever owned.

Favorite Features

push button 4x4

Suggested Improvements

lcoking differental

Still Rockin' at 206,000
By UNCNorseman

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

Bought this SUV from the original owner with 98,000 at ten years old. Have doubled the mileage in four years as my daily driver and a trip to Arizona and Colorado during the summers. Aside from a recent intake gasket problem (known Chevy problem), have only done usual maintenance and tire replacements (once). Gas mileage is 22-24 mpg on the highway, almost a 5 mpg improvement from my previously owned Ford Explorer. A comfortable, reliable SUV that shows no signs of quitting any time soon.

Favorite Features

4.3 liter V-6, easy access, fold down back seat that becomes a small camper for me and the kids or me and the dog, depending! Rear wheel drive is the only way to go if you don't have four wheel drive!

Suggested Improvements

Rear defroster was already broke at 98,000 miles and no attempts to fix it have worked. Back seat without head rests is a bit dangerous now that the kids are taller. Even for a '94, I would think those would have been standard. Intake gasket problem...