1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 Blazer model:
idel new family truck
By doublell on 01/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my 94 s10 blazer with 68k on it. It now has 86k on it and still runs strong on and off road. With a family of 3 and living in Iceland 4x4 is a must. The truck has for low amount of rust for the year. Got the cpi 200 hp motor and lots of pick up and go. If I can find another one in as good a shape as this I will by it in a heart beat.

Negative
By Juwels on 12/03/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 4dr SUV

This Blazer was purchased for me as my first car in July. I had finally talked my dad into buying me an American car because I thought it was cutsie tootsie. BIG MISTAKE. I've done research and buying a blazer through 97 is like playing Russian Roulette.The computer chip has been replaced but that was not the major problem.The O2/gas vavle had carbon build up every 150 miles or so, or until a long drive would knock someloose.This costs me 300 a month to fix it and I dont even regularly drive it.It has false starts, choking, and when it chokes it looses its auto everything.

boone
By miquette on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 2dr SUV 4WD

lots of fun drives great has good pick up great in the off roads safe fo r people to ride in

Highly Recommended Work Horse!
By Jackson Ferrel on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

'94 4dr, 4wd. Exc. Power for towing, hills, highway and off-road combined with decent (20 MPG). Kind of dated look, but lots of interior room. Watch rust along door bottoms! I have good M&S tires and drive off-road weekly. I rarely have to use 4wd... goes very well in the muck. Mine is later version with "Vortec" port type injection which I highly recommend over the older TBI. The 4.3 v-6 is just a Chevy 350 v-8 with two cylinders loped off. A very tough, torquey engine. If I could find another rust free '94 with under 100k, I'd buy it. I see these trucks advertised for $5k or under. I think a real good value compared to $30k for new!

4X4 Fun
By JSchwefel on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this truck cash with 143k. Has the 195 hp Vortec engine, and is loaded, except for a CD player. I was really surprised on the tight turning radius of it. Living in WI and with frequent trip to the upper peninsula, I needed a 4x4, and have always like the Chevy/GMC S series. The fold down seat in back is almost like having a truck with a cap on it. Other than normal maintenance needed, there is nothing I need to do to this truck at the moment to keep it running. The Vortec engine has some good get up and go to it. I could likely use a tranny rebuild though, around 30 mph it feels a bit sluggish, nothing too bad though.

Best SUV
By nivekyaj on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I hate to call it an SUV because it is more than the 4X4 wanna-be, it is a 4X4. It has the power and response of a small truck. This is not a station wagon to take the kids to school in. It is priced right. I find it dependable and useful. I have pulled many other vehicals out ditches with ease.

Overall Good Value
By kentuckyphoto on 07/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck with 36,000 miles in '98 and have added another 50,000 since then. I have had fuel injector work done twice but other than that nothing major. '94 was the last year for the boxer styling and the body type dpes look dated now compared to the softer lines of the '95+ models. 4x4 has come in handy in the snow as has ABS. Having a trustworthy vehichle that is paid off is one of lifes great pleasures, I intend to keep this until it won't go any more. Each year it becomes more of a work horse as it's interior appearance takes on less importance. Hopefully I will have this thing knocking around for several more trouble free years.

Dye
By Dye on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I liked my first; so when I totalled it while avoiding a deer,I thought I wanted another--mainly because I was wearing my seatbelt and didn't run myself over!Unfortunately, I overcorrected(35mph), hit a gravel shoulder,and rolled into a deep ditch. The insurance company deemed the situation totalled. I purchased my present Blazer because I was comfortable with the first, not knowing it could roll easily. (I assumed I simply maneuvered it wrong.) Since then I have friends and family who insist this is a dangerous vehicle. It's getting up in miles, so it's time to say "good-bye".

This is an aweful vehicle
By Benj on 07/05/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned my S10 Blazer for around two and a half years and have never in my life owned anything that was this unreliable. I have not gone a month since I purchased it without putting it in the shop for some mechanical problem, or have something that has simply fallen off while I was driving down the road. I spend approximately $3,500 each year on repairs on it. I have finally found some poor fool who is going to give me a decent amount of money for it, and am getting rid of it.

Avoid the digital dash!
By bisJoe on 06/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Really good power and surprising mileage 17-22. Comfortable and fun to drive. Have most options, but regret that it has the digital dash. Temperature guage erratic and REALLY expensive to repair, in shop 3 times and still not right. Also, now fuel guage stays on full until 1/2 tank is used.