Used 1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 Blazer model:

Stinks
By meme

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had mine 4 mo. and the first 2 it ran good, then it flew the coop. I have replaced the EGR, fuel filter, and it still is not running good anymore. This will be my last Chevy. I'll go back to a Toyota, Isuzu, or something I know I can depend on. I'm not pleased with this one at all. It is in great condition as far as looks inside and out, but that's about it..

Favorite Features

Looks

Suggested Improvements

Better motor.

Pretty Good Vehicle
By Darren

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this vehicle for over 4 years and have been very satisfied for the most part. It always starts faithfully and seems to be reliable. I purchased this vehicle from a private party with 134,000 miles on it and have added 40,000 since. I do not know what all has been replaced on it however the only problem I have had is the EGR valve clogging up with carbon. I have removed and cleaned it three times. This has proven successful each time. You do not want to buy this part unless you truly need to for it is very expensive. Over-all I am very pleased and plan to keep it for a long time.

Favorite Features

Reliability and interior comfort with the leather seating. A/C is great.

Suggested Improvements

Rust proofing, EGR valve

My first love
By breazy

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my first car and I loved it when it was running. I bought it at 150,000 miles and drove from Oregon to Washington and back every weekend but it was usually in the shop at least three days out of the week I bought it for $3000 and put about $5000 in it in repairs before I traded it in. I loved that car so much it was so much fun to drive but it only got about 12 mpg it was my baby though and I will miss it forever. My advice if looking to purchase one, make sure you have at a backup reliable car while its in the shop and can afford the gas and repairs, it is a very expensive car in the long run but you fall in love with it and justify all the expenses. I don't recommend as a commuter.

Favorite Features

The interior was very comfortable and I loved the power seats. The style was very beefy and a workhorse, you could power through anything mud, ice, snow over logs and stumps it was reliable when it wasn't in the shop and you didn't have to worry about hurting the exterior b/c it was so old.

Suggested Improvements

I wish the repairs weren't so expensive and it didn't break down so much

Excellent used vehicle value
By Mike Barile

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV

Bought the Blazer with 214,000 miles on it. Have found it easy to work on and maintain. Lots of cargo space, but not a large vehicle overall. My neighbors with a Lexus and Mercedes Benz like to borrow the truck for shopping!

Favorite Features

Dash mounted rear hatch opening switch, good view of the road and comfortable driver's position. Great visibility.

My first SUV
By Jo Beth Maddock

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I still own my 1994 Blazer 4x4 S10 Tahoe. I absolutely love it. My ONLY complaint would be the gas mileage, which for its size isn't bad, but for the gas prices, it's quite expensive to feed. The ride is actually comfortable. Driving it is a lot of fun! I've had it since 2003 and don't plan on selling it anytime soon.

Favorite Features

4 wheel drive spare tire on back being easy to get to. Automatic hatch. Lots of room inside

Suggested Improvements

If we can send a man into space to live for a while, surely we can figure out how to get better gas mileage out of our SUV's.