1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 Blazer model:
Get the Vortec is the only way to do it.
By Joe on 12/19/04 21:46 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased the truck December 2004 for $400 for a truck to beat on and take offroading. It has 160k miles on it and runs great. I repainted it put new plugs in and its like new. I have decided to keep the truck and sell my car. It has been reliable so far. Its got some power to it too. The 4wd has gotten me out of some muddy situations. But the front 2 doors rusted on the bottom whch was a factory defect. And the fuel pump makes a humming noise. The interior is extremely comfortable with the leather.

lots of small problems
By george_kerry on 08/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

Lots of small problems that abound. EGR valve frequently gets stuck, rear window rattles terribly, can't figure out how to make it stop. Roughest riding vehicle I've ever had. Wiring harness is a mess if you ever have to work on it. It's a pain to add an aftermarket radio due to the restricted dash space. Expect to replace heater core if it hasn't been already replaced. Odometer quit working

The funnest truck to drive
By Joe money on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

This is a awesome truck to drive. Its got a lot of power and a big engine for its size.

4xblazer
By josh westerfield on 01/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I think that the blazer was and has been highly under rated. It has been the most dependable vehicle i've ever owned.

'94 Chevy "T" Blazer
By siutech on 12/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

Oringal owner with approx. 126,000 miles. Still getting 20 mpg (mostly all interstate driving) very good powertrain with the bulletproof 4.3W and 700 series trans. Have had the front doors replaced due to rust but was covered by GM's 6 year 100,000 mile body warranty.

165000 Miles & Still Kickin'
By CharlieJ on 11/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

My 1994 Blazer Tahoe LT is the first truck I've ever owned. I bought it used in 1996. At the time of this review, it has ~165k miles. In the past 6 yrs, I have replaced the O2 sensor and EGR valve. Other than regular maintenance and the occassional cleaning of carbon from the system, the Blazer has been a "jam- up" truck. The Vortec V6 will FLY -- without a hefty toll on fuel economy. BTW, I like the Blazer so much, I'm moving up to a Yukon SLT next.

Solid Performer at a Reasonable Price
By sinc on 11/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this truck almost 5 years ago primarily to tow a 16' boat. I also rented and towed a tent trailer with it. There aren't too many vehicles, other than SUVs or pickups that are suitable for towing. It did a fine job at towing the boat and trailer. To date I have put about 44,000 kilometers on the truck with virtually no problems (other a fuel pump replacement). I no longer have the boat but will keep the truck as it has turned out to be a very practical and reliable vehicle. I now have 128,000 kilometers on it. I expect it'll go to 300,000+ kilometers. I would definitely recommend this vehicle.

Good Engine, Rust Bucket
By glassland on 08/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

Overall mechanical aspect of the car is good. Engine is as good as when I bought it. In 117,000 miles only had to replace fuel pump and water pump. Chevy/GM gets a '1' on a scale of 1 to 10 for quality when it comes to body. Car started to rust at 28,000 miles and chevy was not surprised. Car is garaged kept. Dealership told me there is a design flaw in 'weep' holes in front doors. Also design flaw in tailgate that everytime gate is opened a little bit of paint wears away. After 5 years started to rust. Blazers 1994 and older all have this. GM did replace one of the 2 front doors.

Solid Engine
By P.D. on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

The engine has been very reliable. Still as tons of power and runs extremely smooth. No complaints with the V6 Vortec. However, who the hell designed the suspensions system for these things. The suspension is appropriate for a light weight pick up. Ball joints, shocks,etc. are a constant issue. If you purchase this truck, don't install stock shocks and ball joints. UPGRADE to a higher weight class.

Worst vehicle I ever owned
By B. Pryor on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

There is only one positive aspect of this vehicle. It will almost always come out better than the other car involved in a wreck. That, however, does not make it good, not at all. I have not gone more than one month since I purchased it without putting it in the shop. I am about to put my third set of brakes in it(rotors and all), as soon as I get the drive shaft replaced, which broke for no apparent reason. I think it just got tired. I have been through multiple alternators, and have had countless dollars worth of engine work done to it.