Used 1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 Blazer model:

Still Rockin' at 206,000
By UNCNorseman

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

Bought this SUV from the original owner with 98,000 at ten years old. Have doubled the mileage in four years as my daily driver and a trip to Arizona and Colorado during the summers. Aside from a recent intake gasket problem (known Chevy problem), have only done usual maintenance and tire replacements (once). Gas mileage is 22-24 mpg on the highway, almost a 5 mpg improvement from my previously owned Ford Explorer. A comfortable, reliable SUV that shows no signs of quitting any time soon.

4.3 liter V-6, easy access, fold down back seat that becomes a small camper for me and the kids or me and the dog, depending! Rear wheel drive is the only way to go if you don't have four wheel drive!

Rear defroster was already broke at 98,000 miles and no attempts to fix it have worked. Back seat without head rests is a bit dangerous now that the kids are taller. Even for a '94, I would think those would have been standard. Intake gasket problem...

I Will Miss Black Velvet
By Joey

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

I got this car as a hand-me-down from my stepdad as my first car. It has the 200 horse engine and the automatic. It has 4wd but it tends to be temperamental in low Upper Michigan temperatures. There are minor things going on with it now. The window motor on the drivers side is going out on me, but I have learned to deal. No more a/c, hasnt been working for a few years now. No biggie. the gas mileage is not abhorrent, but still stinks at 16-20. As a college student, I gotta find a smaller car. I will miss her.

Drivetrain was fairly reliable. Has enough room for all of my miscellany. fairly easy to personalize. Still a somewhat androgynous vehicle.

Better speakers. Little naggy things start to add up and it gets rather irritating.

'94 Chevy S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4D 2WD
By Corgwyn

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV

This is my 2nd Blazer - the first was an '84 with 100+k when I bought this one new. It now has 190K on the clock and still running. I wish they still made them this tough - they are so "civilian" now that I won't be buying a 3rd. Goes anywhere; very rarely gets stuck in snow (I have studded snow tires & a positraction rear). Mileage is 22+ on the highway. Have only done maintenance over the years, but changed oil religiously, at 500, 1K, 1500 then every 3K. Need a good basic SUV that's not too big? This is the one.

Fun to drive and reliable. Always starts. Lots of power & great storage room. 2WD saves on gas. I'm gonna miss it when it goes.

Tailgate rattles and rear defroster stopped working about 90K ago. Multiple repairs have not worked. Also fix rust on bottom of doors & tailgate. Radio could be better. An intermittent rear wiper would be nice too. Center console needs to be tougher.

Greatest Labrador Taxi Ever
By Norseman

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

Bought the truck with 98,000 miles and have since put on another 98,000 in less than four years. Still gets 22-25 mpg hwy with the 4.3 Vortec V-6. Turning radius is better than most cars. Comfortable and reliable with the motor and transmission showing no signs of needing work to date. A great buy for the money.

Bulletproof Vortec V-6. Turning radius. Tow package. Good gas mileage. Roomy with rear seats down for loading stuff inside. Dog loved the room in the back.

Rear window latch is starting to be unreliable. Wire broke off on the rear defroster and have not been able to fix it without taking it to a shop.

S-10's are great
By Chevy 4 life

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased the vehicle with approximately 24k miles on it back in 1996. I have had great success using it for towing, off-roading, road-trips and etcetera. Problems have been very minimal. The ride quality is very good for a "truck" and the drive-train is quite good in my opinion. I have found the 4.3L V-6 to be a very good combination of power, economy & extreme reliability. I liked the rig so much that I also purchased a 1996 S- 10 pickup and a 1998 S-10 Blazer. I have had the same luck with each and I still own them all.

The vehicle has a more rugged, "truck- like" look which I like. The engine is awesome!

Considering the years, and the amount of use I can't think of anything that I'm really dissapointed with.