1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 Blazer model:
Still Rockin' at 206,000
By UNCNorseman on 11/17/08 14:16 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

Bought this SUV from the original owner with 98,000 at ten years old. Have doubled the mileage in four years as my daily driver and a trip to Arizona and Colorado during the summers. Aside from a recent intake gasket problem (known Chevy problem), have only done usual maintenance and tire replacements (once). Gas mileage is 22-24 mpg on the highway, almost a 5 mpg improvement from my previously owned Ford Explorer. A comfortable, reliable SUV that shows no signs of quitting any time soon.

I Will Miss Black Velvet
By Joey on 09/16/08 06:54 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

I got this car as a hand-me-down from my stepdad as my first car. It has the 200 horse engine and the automatic. It has 4wd but it tends to be temperamental in low Upper Michigan temperatures. There are minor things going on with it now. The window motor on the drivers side is going out on me, but I have learned to deal. No more a/c, hasnt been working for a few years now. No biggie. the gas mileage is not abhorrent, but still stinks at 16-20. As a college student, I gotta find a smaller car. I will miss her.

'94 Chevy S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4D 2WD
By Corgwyn on 05/11/08 16:09 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV

This is my 2nd Blazer - the first was an '84 with 100+k when I bought this one new. It now has 190K on the clock and still running. I wish they still made them this tough - they are so "civilian" now that I won't be buying a 3rd. Goes anywhere; very rarely gets stuck in snow (I have studded snow tires & a positraction rear). Mileage is 22+ on the highway. Have only done maintenance over the years, but changed oil religiously, at 500, 1K, 1500 then every 3K. Need a good basic SUV that's not too big? This is the one.

Greatest Labrador Taxi Ever
By Norseman on 04/29/08 07:24 AM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe LT 4dr SUV

Bought the truck with 98,000 miles and have since put on another 98,000 in less than four years. Still gets 22-25 mpg hwy with the 4.3 Vortec V-6. Turning radius is better than most cars. Comfortable and reliable with the motor and transmission showing no signs of needing work to date. A great buy for the money.

S-10's are great
By Chevy 4 life on 04/24/08 12:50 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased the vehicle with approximately 24k miles on it back in 1996. I have had great success using it for towing, off-roading, road-trips and etcetera. Problems have been very minimal. The ride quality is very good for a "truck" and the drive-train is quite good in my opinion. I have found the 4.3L V-6 to be a very good combination of power, economy & extreme reliability. I liked the rig so much that I also purchased a 1996 S- 10 pickup and a 1998 S-10 Blazer. I have had the same luck with each and I still own them all.

Stinks
By meme on 01/08/07 18:29 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had mine 4 mo. and the first 2 it ran good, then it flew the coop. I have replaced the EGR, fuel filter, and it still is not running good anymore. This will be my last Chevy. I'll go back to a Toyota, Isuzu, or something I know I can depend on. I'm not pleased with this one at all. It is in great condition as far as looks inside and out, but that's about it..

Pretty Good Vehicle
By Darren on 02/08/06 22:18 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned this vehicle for over 4 years and have been very satisfied for the most part. It always starts faithfully and seems to be reliable. I purchased this vehicle from a private party with 134,000 miles on it and have added 40,000 since. I do not know what all has been replaced on it however the only problem I have had is the EGR valve clogging up with carbon. I have removed and cleaned it three times. This has proven successful each time. You do not want to buy this part unless you truly need to for it is very expensive. Over-all I am very pleased and plan to keep it for a long time.

My first love
By breazy on 02/07/06 17:24 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe LT 4dr SUV 4WD

This was my first car and I loved it when it was running. I bought it at 150,000 miles and drove from Oregon to Washington and back every weekend but it was usually in the shop at least three days out of the week I bought it for $3000 and put about $5000 in it in repairs before I traded it in. I loved that car so much it was so much fun to drive but it only got about 12 mpg it was my baby though and I will miss it forever. My advice if looking to purchase one, make sure you have at a backup reliable car while its in the shop and can afford the gas and repairs, it is a very expensive car in the long run but you fall in love with it and justify all the expenses. I don't recommend as a commuter.

Excellent used vehicle value
By Mike Barile on 11/09/05 22:55 PM (PST)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV

Bought the Blazer with 214,000 miles on it. Have found it easy to work on and maintain. Lots of cargo space, but not a large vehicle overall. My neighbors with a Lexus and Mercedes Benz like to borrow the truck for shopping!

My first SUV
By Jo Beth Maddock on 06/21/05 12:22 PM (PDT)

1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I still own my 1994 Blazer 4x4 S10 Tahoe. I absolutely love it. My ONLY complaint would be the gas mileage, which for its size isn't bad, but for the gas prices, it's quite expensive to feed. The ride is actually comfortable. Driving it is a lot of fun! I've had it since 2003 and don't plan on selling it anytime soon.