Used 1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 Blazer model:

This pup will hunt
By BIGNICK86

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I've only owned my Blazer bout 10 months but I've loved it so far . Push button 4x4 is OK but it has never failed me so far. It gets around very well in the mud and handles quite well, and engine power is fair on the blacktop but offroad it is very good and very spunky . I love my Blazer and plan on having it for a while.

Favorite Features

4x4 works well, love the 4.3 liter v6, has lots of power and pretty comfty little SUV.

Suggested Improvements

Smaller interior, and exterior parts breaking over the years, could use some improvements.

Overall Good Truck.. Until it Rusts Out.
By Nick

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

I've had my S10 Blazer Sport since 1998. I used to use it as my main vehicle. It was fine and never let me down! The push button 4WD has always worked flawlessly and got me through these rough RI winters! After I got an Accord as my main car, I put a plow on the truck and used it in the winter. It has a lot of power and mobility for perfect plowing. Now after 225,000 miles the engine is still purring perfectly but the body is just rusting out like you wouldn't believe! Although, bondo and new paint did come in handy. I'm thinking of swapping the engine into a newer chassis. The fuel economy is decent and the interior quality is OK, but after all these years, its getting a little ratty.

Favorite Features

Push button 4WD. Great power from the V6. Small size for plowing in tight areas, and decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

None really, except the quality of the metals they use on the body and the long term interior quality.

Blazer man
By Blazerman6

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I've never had a problem out of my Blazer and it's got 160,000 miles on it. It starts and runs strong every morning, afteroon, and night. The 4 wheel drive system is amazing! Theres nowhere it won't go.

Favorite Features

Tailgate, 4 wheel drive, and engine

Suggested Improvements

Higher off the ground, and better gas mileage

1992 Chevy Blazer S10
By djamyx

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV 4dr SUV

Great running vehicle. Drive train is very well built, and in great shape. Lots of power. I own a deejaying business and have to pull quite a bit of weight and the Blazer handles it nicely. I've pulled it with a new Cadillac Escalade and it was horrible! Blazer is a great buy for the money!

Favorite Features

Power!

Suggested Improvements

Interior of doors is poorly made. Handles are coming off of the door.

Ups and Downs
By tempest68

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

Got at 119k, now at 185k. When it runs, it runs well. But had many things break at the wrong time. Replaced starter many times. 4x4 encoder motor exspenive to fix ($400 just for the part) on push-button version. Looks good, though, as previous owner added running boards which protected rocker area, thus not as much rust as others I've seen.

Favorite Features

Vortec 4.3, an actual tailgate (just TRY to find that on an SUV today), rear seat folds down w/one hand.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage, use heat shields to protect starters.