1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 Blazer model:
S10 Blazer is a good SUV.
By Elnonsense on 11/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV

I have enjoyed my 1992 S10 Blazer for 5 years now. I bought it used from a dealership and it had been kept in superior condition by the former owner. I can depend on my truck for reliable cold starts and great passing acceleration. I bought the truck at 75,000 miles, with a new starter, and had to replace the A/C and engine at 118,000 miles. Since then there have been no major problems. I am now at 165,000 miles. As long as the car stays lubed and tuned it runs great. I have driven it very long distances without stopping for anything but gasoline many times and have yet to have a problem. I don't foresee ever getting rid of my truck. Good luck with yours.

My trusty 92
By chad_3097 on 03/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV

My 1992 Blazer just turned 200,000 miles and it doesn't burn a drop of oil. I use this vehicle like a full size pulling anything and everything and aside from routine maintanence I've never had any problems. This is the best truck I've ever owned.

fast as heelllllll!
By daviddfhjdf on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

shes the nices thing on 4 wheels and she can move i tell ya.

Love my S10 Blazer !!!
By redeni on 01/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

My S10 Blazer is my first 'truck'. I am 100% happy with it. The Chevy Blazer has the most power in its class. Unlike most of the under- powered SUVs on the road these days, the Blazer gets good gas mileage at 19 mpg highway. The beefy 4.3L V6 provides plenty of power for pulling.

OK for the 80000 I have put on.
By Wright2144 on 11/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this in Feb of '95 with 80,000 miles on it. It now has 156,231 on it and nto very many problems at all. Window motors, and rear defog went bad, but otherwise been very dependable. The body is gettin rusty of course (ever see an older s-10 w/o?) This has been a very nice surprise for me. And I plan on drivin it to work and hunting for another 20K.

Keeps going
By WoodstockDawg on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 2dr SUV

Got my S-10 almost 11 yrs ago.....Planned on replacing it long ago, but it has'nt stopped running yet and has had very few major repairs (minus a couple of brake repairs and a water pump) A few minor cosmetic problems but all in all a suprisingly solid car for me considering my modest service schedule for it.

'92 S10 Blazer
By Backroad on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it with 92000 miles on it, and not surprisingly had several fairly expensive repairs (totaling over $1500) over the next 40000 miles and three years. Fuel pump, starter, coolant pump, alternator, and oil filter adapter leak were some of them. Fun car to drive, great in the snow and exploring old logging roads as well as on the highway. Biggest negative: If engine stalls while slowing for a stop, brakes and steering don't function; it took me through intersections a couple of times. Excellent body, at 10 years old with 130K miles in Upstate NY, some rust but generally still very solid.

DONT GET THIS CAR!
By Stephen on 03/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV 4dr SUV

NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. had problems with ignition, Instrument cluster and too many problems to name, problems have ended up costing me almost as much as the car in the short two years of ownership.

nice inexpensive suv
By tomelv on 03/15/02 12:16 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer SUV 4dr SUV

I have had no major problems with my truck and have over 170,000. miles on it. It always gets me were I need to go and has outstanding 4+4 capabilities.