Used 1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe Consumer Reviews - 3 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer

View reviews for a specific S-10 Blazer model:

Awesome!
By sean2929

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 2dr SUV

I purchased a 92 s10 Blazer Tahoe, for my sons 15th b-day and it had 226,223 miles on it. Ran great surprisingly until an episode with the woods with a broken motor mount and the transmission kept on popping into neutral and eventually blew it up. But we dropped another 4.3 in it and this time we added some major modifications performance wise. But definitely dependable and he absolutely loves it!

how tough the the transmission is and the POWER it comes with. but this truck has incredible towing power.

the turn signal/ cruise/ wiper handle breaks often, and door handles go bad real fast.

Good when taken care of!
By jrshaw85

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 2dr SUV

I purchased this truck for $1000. It gave me very little trouble. (uv joints,some sensors) I recently had to pull the engine when it reached 229,814 miles. Yes that's the correct mileage. I went with a 1999-2000 model engine because they are factory with 240hp and that's great for when I pull my boat or my tools. This is a very well rounded truck/SUV. GM got this right so if you are looking for a good vehicle this is one of them!

Engine, drivetrain (700-R4 trans cant beat it), exterior design, cold weather performance.

Interior design, ride quailty, ride height

Keeps going
By WoodstockDawg

Got my S-10 almost 11 yrs
ago.....Planned on replacing it long
ago, but it has'nt stopped running yet
and has had very few major repairs
(minus a couple of brake repairs and a
water pump) A few minor cosmetic
problems but all in all a suprisingly
solid car for me considering my modest
service schedule for it.

Engine Reliability and interior materials have held up well for me.

Fuel economy could be better, Paint job developed some blemishes that other cars I've had did'nt