Used 1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S-10 Blazer model:

Ups and Downs
By tempest68

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

Got at 119k, now at 185k. When it runs, it runs well. But had many things break at the wrong time. Replaced starter many times. 4x4 encoder motor exspenive to fix ($400 just for the part) on push-button version. Looks good, though, as previous owner added running boards which protected rocker area, thus not as much rust as others I've seen.

Favorite Features

Vortec 4.3, an actual tailgate (just TRY to find that on an SUV today), rear seat folds down w/one hand.

Suggested Improvements

Improve gas mileage, use heat shields to protect starters.

DONT GET THIS CAR!
By Stephen

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 4dr SUV

NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS. had problems with ignition, Instrument cluster and too many problems to name, problems have ended up costing me almost as much as the car in the short two years of ownership.

Overall Good Truck.. Until it Rusts Out.
By Nick

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

I've had my S10 Blazer Sport since 1998. I used to use it as my main vehicle. It was fine and never let me down! The push button 4WD has always worked flawlessly and got me through these rough RI winters! After I got an Accord as my main car, I put a plow on the truck and used it in the winter. It has a lot of power and mobility for perfect plowing. Now after 225,000 miles the engine is still purring perfectly but the body is just rusting out like you wouldn't believe! Although, bondo and new paint did come in handy. I'm thinking of swapping the engine into a newer chassis. The fuel economy is decent and the interior quality is OK, but after all these years, its getting a little ratty.

Favorite Features

Push button 4WD. Great power from the V6. Small size for plowing in tight areas, and decent gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

None really, except the quality of the metals they use on the body and the long term interior quality.

'92 S10 Blazer
By Backroad

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it with 92000 miles on it, and not surprisingly had several fairly expensive repairs (totaling over $1500) over the next 40000 miles and three years. Fuel pump, starter, coolant pump, alternator, and oil filter adapter leak were some of them. Fun car to drive, great in the snow and exploring old logging roads as well as on the highway. Biggest negative: If engine stalls while slowing for a stop, brakes and steering don't function; it took me through intersections a couple of times. Excellent body, at 10 years old with 130K miles in Upstate NY, some rust but generally still very solid.

Favorite Features

4-wheel drive, all the power features, generally easy to work on..

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage, better brakes.

S10 Blazer is a good SUV.
By Elnonsense

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV

I have enjoyed my 1992 S10 Blazer for 5 years now. I bought it used from a dealership and it had been kept in superior condition by the former owner. I can depend on my truck for reliable cold starts and great passing acceleration. I bought the truck at 75,000 miles, with a new starter, and had to replace the A/C and engine at 118,000 miles. Since then there have been no major problems. I am now at 165,000 miles. As long as the car stays lubed and tuned it runs great. I have driven it very long distances without stopping for anything but gasoline many times and have yet to have a problem. I don't foresee ever getting rid of my truck. Good luck with yours.

Favorite Features

The powered parts features is nice. The foglights have come in handy several times. And the leather seats do make for a cleaner interior.

Suggested Improvements

A better cruise control activation system-- the turn signal/wiper/cruise control arm has to be replaced too often. The rear window release mechanism stops working. Lacks small compartments or netted areas for storage of small items.