1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 Blazer model:
BLAZINBEAST
By blazinhard on 05/14/11 07:20 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 2dr SUV

bought this bub for 500 bones, shes got 226 k miles and she still gets it, best truck for the price, allways fires up, neva leaves me hangin yo, she da bomb, i <3 this truck.

My Truck
By Laurie Lea on 09/09/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my S10 Blazer. I bought it in 2002 with 76,000 miles and now has 250,000. Never fails to start even when -20+ degrees. It has plenty of power(4.3L TBI) and gets decent gas mileage 18mpg city 24mpg highway. It has typical Chevy rust as it is 18 yrs. old. The only thing I am not happy with is the electronic 4WD. vac.actuator switch went out and got fluid in vac.actuator. We manually pull cable to engage front Diff. and still use button on dash.What helps is to use 4X4 all year round (use when driving;gravel,yard,field)this helps system lubricate parts.

Awesome!
By sean2929 on 05/26/10 19:56 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 2dr SUV

I purchased a 92 s10 Blazer Tahoe, for my sons 15th b-day and it had 226,223 miles on it. Ran great surprisingly until an episode with the woods with a broken motor mount and the transmission kept on popping into neutral and eventually blew it up. But we dropped another 4.3 in it and this time we added some major modifications performance wise. But definitely dependable and he absolutely loves it!

nice
By gregger on 01/20/10 13:16 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

i don't own this vehicle anymore but it was the best vehicle i've ever owned it never got stuck i beat on it alot and it prolly would still be running good if i didn't mud bog with it so much but over all i miss this vehicle alot

Good when taken care of!
By jrshaw85 on 09/20/08 13:19 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 2dr SUV

I purchased this truck for $1000. It gave me very little trouble. (uv joints,some sensors) I recently had to pull the engine when it reached 229,814 miles. Yes that's the correct mileage. I went with a 1999-2000 model engine because they are factory with 240hp and that's great for when I pull my boat or my tools. This is a very well rounded truck/SUV. GM got this right so if you are looking for a good vehicle this is one of them!

This pup will hunt
By BIGNICK86 on 02/26/08 20:01 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I've only owned my Blazer bout 10 months but I've loved it so far . Push button 4x4 is OK but it has never failed me so far. It gets around very well in the mud and handles quite well, and engine power is fair on the blacktop but offroad it is very good and very spunky . I love my Blazer and plan on having it for a while.

Overall Good Truck.. Until it Rusts Out.
By Nick on 11/14/06 14:51 PM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

I've had my S10 Blazer Sport since 1998. I used to use it as my main vehicle. It was fine and never let me down! The push button 4WD has always worked flawlessly and got me through these rough RI winters! After I got an Accord as my main car, I put a plow on the truck and used it in the winter. It has a lot of power and mobility for perfect plowing. Now after 225,000 miles the engine is still purring perfectly but the body is just rusting out like you wouldn't believe! Although, bondo and new paint did come in handy. I'm thinking of swapping the engine into a newer chassis. The fuel economy is decent and the interior quality is OK, but after all these years, its getting a little ratty.

Blazer man
By Blazerman6 on 07/26/06 15:07 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I've never had a problem out of my Blazer and it's got 160,000 miles on it. It starts and runs strong every morning, afteroon, and night. The 4 wheel drive system is amazing! Theres nowhere it won't go.

1992 Chevy Blazer S10
By djamyx on 07/09/06 17:52 PM (PDT)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 4dr SUV

Great running vehicle. Drive train is very well built, and in great shape. Lots of power. I own a deejaying business and have to pull quite a bit of weight and the Blazer handles it nicely. I've pulled it with a new Cadillac Escalade and it was horrible! Blazer is a great buy for the money!

Ups and Downs
By tempest68 on 02/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

Got at 119k, now at 185k. When it runs, it runs well. But had many things break at the wrong time. Replaced starter many times. 4x4 encoder motor exspenive to fix ($400 just for the part) on push-button version. Looks good, though, as previous owner added running boards which protected rocker area, thus not as much rust as others I've seen.