1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-10 Blazer model:
Love It !
By Morticia1993 on 06/08/05 12:59 PM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

I have a front bench seat and love the extra room of not being squished in a bucket seat. The back seats lays down completely flat, which has made it nice for camping or hauling stuff. The towing is sweet. The racks on the top hold a turtle shell. The 4 WD is an added treat. Trust me we can load this thing down and keeps up with us, wouldn't trade it in for nothing, unless I had too! 2 thumbs up, would give it more, but only have 2 thumbs!

Reliable Family Vehicle
By Wiznet on 04/02/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought the vehicle new and she has never let me down. Original engine and transmission. Only normal maintenance items, water pump, alternator, etc. Survived AAA contractor putting diesel fuel in tank after replacing fuel pump. Completely restored and still capable of pulling any load.

One reliable Chevy
By SMP on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought used in '97 w/only 48,000 orig. miles. Vehicle distress sale due to break-in. Only problem found later was glass bits under rear bench indicating prior burlary/theft. Currently at 97,000 miles runs perfect. Factory build sheet includes over $5700 in add-ons including ext. trans & oil coolers, Posi, etc. Installed dual exhaust system, otherwise stone stock and very quick for a 3700lb vehicle. 4.3 liter Chevy engine perhaps the best ever in a small SUV. Runs cool in FL weather, AC still perfect, Could not ask for a more reliable and flashy vehicle.

S-10 Blazer old age
By penguin8797 on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought used at 128,000 miles. Engine blew around 4,000 miles later. The heater core, water pump, and alternator all were replaced in first year. OK for 2 more years then at 160,000 miles had many odd problems: intermittent stalling, stalling while turning, not starting at temps below 35 degrees, rear hatch latch broke, and radio went dead. New coil and used distributor fixed starting problem. Still mystified by stalling. Only paid $2,500 but sank over $6,000 in maintenance over 3 years. Still running at 168,500 but ready for a more reliable ride.

1991 Chevy S-10 Sport Blazer
By Jackie Vise on 10/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I purchased her on June 16, 1990 as a 1991 model for Chevy's first year for 4 doors, but I chose the 2 door, spare tire outside the tailgate, white with all black trim. I have loved her since day one. Only ONCE has she caused me a problem. She failed to turn over but the cost to fix it was less than $200. 195,150 miles later, she still looks as good as new inside and out. It will break my heart when it comes time to let her go.

Great SUV
By Richg on 08/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

It tends to shift a little late with an automatic but nothing troublesome. It hauls great, Isn't huge but I am 6'1" and can sleep in the back. The bucket seats are heavenly the ride is solid. I am glad I bought this car

The Best Used Vehicle I've Owned
By boogerathome on 05/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

This is the first SUV I've owned. It's a 4X4, 2-door, loaded. I've driven a friend's Blazer 4X4 and fell in love with it, and wanted one. It took me 5-6 months to find one in acceptable shape. I've only owned this vehicle for 3 weeks now, but if someone offered to buy it from me, I'd tell them to jump in a lake (I like this vehicle more than my previous one a 99 S-10 Ext Cab Pick up). If you own an older Blazer, don't get rid of it, you'll be sorry.

Chevy Blazer
By mhsnstud on 02/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV

I have a chevy blazer and i am 16. it is my first car, and it is a great vehicle. Perfect for a first time car.

Awesome Blazer, Great Dealership!
By Cub56 on 12/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 2dr SUV 4WD

I am the 2nd owner of my s-10 blazer. It is as solid as a rock! It now has 165,000 miles plus on it, original everything! I beat the living daylights out of it because I belong to the local fire/rescue squad! What a great vehicle, and Thomas Chevrolet in McConnellsburg, PA standing behind the vehicle for me sealed the deal. Thnkas to GM for a great little vehicle! Still running strong, Dennis

Great SUV
By Roby on 12/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport 2dr SUV

I bought my 2wd blazer because i knew there was alot out there in the performance industry for s10's and im glad to say that buying my blazer was a great choice for me... its reliable and really easy to work on. Not to mention theres parts everywhere for s10's.