Used 1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Consumer Reviews - 25 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer - Consumer Reviews

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer

View reviews for a specific S-10 Blazer model:

Best vehicle on planet. Has human characteristics
By BlazeHub

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 2dr SUV 4WD

This is the best vehicle ever produced by humanity. I won't comment on its reliability or performance, as those before me have said enough. It also speaks for itself that I am writing this review in 2016, a quarter century after this vehicle was produced. What I want to comment on is this vehicles character. Not many vehicles can be described as trustworthy, responsive, resourceful, patriotic, resilient, just, responsible, patient, and loyal. But to attempt to describe this vehicle without these words would be like describing Picasso without mentioning his ability to make art, or to talk about Pavarotti without acknowledging his singing chops.

This vehicle will not let you down. Not because of the strength and durability of the materials with which it was crafted, but because of its soul. It knows that you need safe, reliable transportation. It knows that providing this transportation is it's role in your family. Like a an older brother, this Blazer will look after you every mile of your journey. The Blazer will comfort you, it will guide you, it will restore you. It will never let you down.

Great reliability
By FoxTrota

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Tahoe 4dr SUV 4WD

My honest review: This car has been in my family since new, father suggested it for my grandma cause she likes trucks. Currently at 107k miles, she gave it to me in the fall of 2007 when it had 60k, since then it has been a really great truck, i love it so much i dump a lot of money into keeping it like operating like new, i changed things if i felt like it could possibly break. The rust is the only huge complaint on this vehicle, i had to replace the both front fenders and the fuel tank due to corrosion. but other than the fuel tank this truck will out last others if you just do simple maintenance, and buy from someone who didn't beat it, and even then if they did it will still keep going..

-4 Wheel Drive package with skid plates and tow hooks - Tough reliability & reputation - Full frame truck - Turning radius - Fuel economy for its age isn't too bad - 4.3L V6 - Anti-lock brakes were standard (in 1991) - Overall stock off-road performance - Suspension makes it very stable for an SUV

Rust/Corrosion protection Rear tailgate window Rattles because of a design flaw where the latch moves slightly and causes a squeak during driving. Needs cup holders

Bang.
By Pod

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 4dr SUV 4WD

This blazer was the first car i ever bought with my own money. I think I gave the guy $500 for it and he wanted around $700 but i talked him down. When I first got the car, it had all kinds of problems that I wasn't able to pick up on when me and my dad took it for a test drive. The rear brakes weren't working, the pittman arms and idler arms were both shot. There was (and still is) a major vacuum leak, so it doesn't idle like it should and the air conditioning/ vents on the dash don't work. the service engine soon light has been flashing at me since i bought it, it's best just to say it was a bad idea to buy this car. six months and $1500 later the car runs like a beast. great starter car.

The car just won't die! Very easy to fix, plenty of room most of the time. If you keep doing the minor repairs this car won't quit on you

Better gas mileage.

These things are troopers
By Hannah

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer 4dr SUV 4WD

My blazer was my first vehicle and I put that thing through so much. It will drive through just about anything and the 4WD is great for Wisconsin. I've taken it through rain, snow, cornfields, and just about anything you can imagine. It drives great and I definitely love my blazer, the only downside is the gas mileage. Other than that I wouldn't change a single thing on my blazer.

The durability of it is amazing. These things will literally drive through anything.

The only thing I would change about it would be the gas mileage on it. If it got better mileage I would definitely not be selling it.

Blazin' on
By HJKie

1991 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer Sport 2dr SUV

I special ordered my Blaxer in 1989 but it took awhile to get it and it was titled as a 1991. I ordered it with the two wheel drive with 3:42 axle and positraction. 5 spd. manual with the transmission cooler and a two door with single glass rear quarter windows. It is white with the tan leather interior and has the egg crate style wheels. It also has the digital liquid crystal display and the sun roof. I put 300,000 miles on it and gave it to my step son and he continues to drive it every day without any major issues. It is near 350,000miles now. It came from the factory with a GMC Grille and red racing stripes for (?) so I had to do a bit of "customizing" to make it more apealing to me.

Easy to work on. I over gapped the plugs and got a bit better mileage and performance Had to change the dash once. Great styling, even the wheels.

The factory should have been more responsible for the bad paint. Also the spare tire/jack were difficult to remove and replace.