2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
My second Prism
By PRISMLOVER on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owed alot of cars. This is so affordable and reliable. Great car for a single woman or single parent. Great for young drivers. So easy to drive. Almost impossible to wreck.. I TRUST THIS CAR TO THE UPMOST. AND I WOULD BUY AGAIN.

Great Car
By JimGrahamCa on 12/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Great car for what it is... a Toyota. I bought it for just that reason and I have not been disappointed.

best small car
By vernon moore on 11/19/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I am 78 and for all around car, this is probrably best car I have ever had. I like to drive it. It is peppy and gets great gas milage. what a savings on gas if everyone owned one. It is the quietest car I have ever had.

It's a Shame to See It Go!
By Rona on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

"Reliability" is the key word when discussing a Prizm. I now have owned five of them, plus a Corolla and a Chevy Nova ('87). In all these cars the only mechanical problem I ever had was a clutch slave cyliner ($40.00) in the Nova. That is amazing. GM's decision to stop making the Prizm will send me to Toyota for a Corolla. However, my most recent 2002 Prizms (Yes I bought two of them this weekend before the rebates ended) enabled me to save over $4,000 per car compared to the Corolla.

1999 - Chevy Prizm
By Tomcated on 10/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got the prizm bran new from the dealer and since then it has not fail me, I have about 120,000 miles on it and it still runs like new. I like it because it does what it needs to do, take me to work and back. Fuel economy is good. It came loaded with CD player, sunroof, power everything, driver, passenger and side airbags. Yes, there is little run on the back, but I am the only one who drives, so who cares. I don't care what people think of the prizm, I like it and its going to be hard to get rid of this car.

Oregon Prizm
By Eric Mellgren on 09/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

A solid, basic car that is both comfortable and fun to drive. Bigger inside than it first appears. Fuel economy is as good as claimed - never less than 32 mpg in town (with a 5- speed) and 36-38 mpg on the road.

What a car!
By PRizm on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 1.8 liter engine pumps out a lot of ponies for its size. I was very happy with the way the thing took off. I think that the 3 spped auto is a joke and the 4 speed is the way to go. On previous models, the 3-speed was the only auto and Chevrolet changed it and added fuel economy bu the little overdrive button on the shifter. Great car. It is a shame they are discontinuing the Prizm.

What a car!
By tcooper on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my Prizm in 1996, it was a 1995. granted it is not the car to pick up the ladies, but as a dad, it is it the best commuter vehicle I have ever owned! NO LIE! I have 106,000 miles on this car and I can list the items I have repaired, brakes Front and rear, 1 head light, 1 taillight. that is it! I am not the best at performing maintenance, but it does not seem to matter with this car. I drive 25miles to work each way and get 40MPG pretty regularly. after 6 years, I would like to buy another car, but why??? That will be the biggest problem you ever have with the car, it trying to justify getting rid of it.

good transportation
By john wilson on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

the car has really good acceleation and gas mileage,and fun to drive.could use more leg room in the back seat.

average
By chevy prizm-ner on 07/06/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

You cannot go wrong if you want a station to station car. It is a vanilla type car compared to a fancy flavor. There is no excitement in this car but it will get you there and back.