2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
Zippy Car
By morningsun on 08/28/05 21:47 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car after 2 years of searching for a car that wouldn't aggravate my bad back. This car was perfect. My husband is 6'2" and he loves the car too. Two or three days after we bought the car, however, we found water in the trunk. The dealer found that water was coming in through both taillights. Since they fixed it we've had no more leaks. I would highly recommend this car. It has good back support, good gas mileage, handles very well, and is fun to drive. The high ratings on this car are well deserved. It is an American version of the Toyota Corolla but cheaper in price. Took the head rests off the back seats for better visibility.

Best Used Car
By Richard_Roma on 08/18/05 14:15 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Best used car I ever owned. A steal at current prices. Nice ones can be had with reasonable mileage for uner $7500. Last year ever made, I wish Chevy and Toyota still offered them. (It's a Corolla). I'd buy a brand new one if available today. But no, have to go with the 2002.

I love my Prizm!
By ninachi on 06/29/05 15:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a used 2002 Prizm (with 19000 miles on it at the time) in 2003. I have never had a single problem during my cross country drives, long work commutes or short errand drives. It starts up perfectly and held up remarkable well when I slid on some ice and nailed a parked car at about 30 mph. It had only a crack in the fron bumper. Reliable is what I was looking for and that is just what I got. I am very happy with my car and see no reason to get anything else.

I Love my Prizm
By lmpress on 06/29/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Prizm at CarMax. Had 24K on it - was a previous lease. I was going to buy a Cavalier, but someone suggested the Prizm. I knew it was a Corolla in disguise. Has cruise control (bonus!), CD player, power windows/locks. Great gas mileage, especially with today's prices. I'm not into fancy cars so this was perfect. Wish I had looked at these when I bought the Ford Focus in 2000 (which has already bitten the dust!)

Great little car not made anymore
By timyak on 05/09/05 14:26 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car from a wholesaler and it only had 5K miles on it. Not many features though. Only Automatic with AC and a radio. Still had nubbies on tires. Drives great and is more peppy than my 1997 Prizm. Get 30 MPG in city and 36 highway. I love Prizms even more now that gas is over $2 a gallon. I'm on the prowl for another Prizm for my daughter.

Almost excellent but basic vehicle
By DonT on 02/09/05 23:16 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It does not have the power or the ride or the seats of a more expensive car, but it starts every day and I do not fear the engine or transmission failing.

To keep or trade, a confusing decision
By GinniJo on 05/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Prizm is an outstanding vehicle . When I was told that they no longer manufactured them I was very upset. My last 3 vehicles were Prizms. My Smart Buy is up this Sept. and do not know what to do since I cannot get another one. I have no idea why they stopped making them........

DEPENDABLE
By CHELSEA on 04/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I WORK FOR A DEALERSHIP, AND I SELL SEVERAL DIFFERENT MAKES AND MODELS. I HAVE SOLD COUNTLESS PRIZMS OVER THE LAST 5 YEARS. I HAVE NEVER HAD A CUSTOMER HAVE ANY PROBLEMS AND HAVE SEVERAL FAMILYS THAT HAVE MORE THAN ONE IN THEIR HOUSEHOLD.I HAVE THE OPPRTUNITY TO PURCHASE JUST ABOUT ANY VEHICLE WE SELL, AND I CHOSE THIS ONE BECAUSE OF RELIABILITY AND ECONOMY.

Well built car.
By Prizm driver on 04/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my prizm from a local dealership and so far I have been very satisfied. This car is built very well, and is suprisingly comfortable for a small car. The ride is excellent and it has great performance from its 1.8.

Why did they (GM) quit making this car
By sambosky on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It might be plain on the outside but hey it is so reliable. The last one lasted six years and I only did oil changes. It would have lasted six more years....I just wanted a new one. Sam