'02 Prizm
By AngelaJane on
2002 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I have not had a very good experience with this car. I bought it as a certified used vehicle with a little over 36,000 miles. The transmission went out a couple months after I bought it. Several minor interior things have come apart. The filler pipe on the gas tank came unwelded and fell partially into the tube, so I was not able to fuel the car until that was removed. This week the running lights and auto- on headlights quit working, but could still be turned on manually,a few days later, they stayed on, requiring disconnecting the battery to turn off. The switch failed and it's located under the pas. air bag requiring the entire dash to be removed. I would not buy another or reccomend!
Favorite Features
Fuel economy is pretty good, and the size is nice, making it easy to park. The visibility is pretty good, few blind spots. Turning is pretty good too- -easy U-turns! It also handles well for this type of car at high speeds.
Suggested Improvements
Other than better quality control (because of all the trouble I'm having) I would've liked to see a better interior design, the radio and heat/cooling controls are a little out of reach for me. Also, interior noise is a bit much at high speeds.