2002 Chevrolet Prizm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
My 02 Prizm LSi
By Ralph0722 on 05/25/10 18:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car used last month. Very good shape for year/miles. Very economical to run and keep. Plenty of Toyota parts available. I get about 32 mpg mostly. AC is strong. Stereo is pretty decent. Cover all basic necessities like power windows, locks, mirrors, cruise. Alloy wheels. Sharp little car.

My 02 Prizm LSi
By Ralph0722 on 05/20/10 18:43 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used last month. I must say im very happy with this small zippy car. 1.8L VVTi is noisy but runs economical. 4AT shifts smoothly. Interior room is tight, back seat has no leg room back there. I consider this a 2 people car or a college student car (i am one). Trunk size is ok for class. Design is clean and simple, very Toyota like. Since this car is the same as a Corolla parts are available everywhere.

The Maytag of cars
By morin2 on 08/16/08 12:55 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car slightly less than 3 years old with 25K miles on odom, a local car traded at a new car dealer. Now have 83K miles on it. The car is my commuter & driven 107 miles/day. Utterly reliable appliance but somewhat bland and boring. Have only done routine maintenance - replaced the awful original Firestones with Bridgestone Insigna and done the easy oil changes, coolant flushes & trans flush. Use Toyota filters & red coolant. This car will be soon passed down to my daughter & will be her first car - good for a new driver, slow, safe, and all controls very easy. I get about 31-36 mpg.

I love my Prizm!
By ninachi on 06/29/05 15:50 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought a used 2002 Prizm (with 19000 miles on it at the time) in 2003. I have never had a single problem during my cross country drives, long work commutes or short errand drives. It starts up perfectly and held up remarkable well when I slid on some ice and nailed a parked car at about 30 mph. It had only a crack in the fron bumper. Reliable is what I was looking for and that is just what I got. I am very happy with my car and see no reason to get anything else.

I Love my Prizm
By lmpress on 06/29/05 15:13 PM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my Prizm at CarMax. Had 24K on it - was a previous lease. I was going to buy a Cavalier, but someone suggested the Prizm. I knew it was a Corolla in disguise. Has cruise control (bonus!), CD player, power windows/locks. Great gas mileage, especially with today's prices. I'm not into fancy cars so this was perfect. Wish I had looked at these when I bought the Ford Focus in 2000 (which has already bitten the dust!)

Almost excellent but basic vehicle
By DonT on 02/09/05 23:16 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It does not have the power or the ride or the seats of a more expensive car, but it starts every day and I do not fear the engine or transmission failing.

My second Prism
By PRISMLOVER on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have owed alot of cars. This is so affordable and reliable. Great car for a single woman or single parent. Great for young drivers. So easy to drive. Almost impossible to wreck.. I TRUST THIS CAR TO THE UPMOST. AND I WOULD BUY AGAIN.

What a car!
By PRizm on 07/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The 1.8 liter engine pumps out a lot of ponies for its size. I was very happy with the way the thing took off. I think that the 3 spped auto is a joke and the 4 speed is the way to go. On previous models, the 3-speed was the only auto and Chevrolet changed it and added fuel economy bu the little overdrive button on the shifter. Great car. It is a shame they are discontinuing the Prizm.

GM bumper to bumper is a joke
By DougJ on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have a five day old Prism. The battery has a clear eye (low acid level) GM refuses to replace this battery unless I have a cranking problem. Delco battery is shocked that the battery is not being replaced. Delco's battery imfo from the internet states that a clear or yellow battery eye do not recharge, replace battery. This is GM's idea of bumper to bumper coverage, what a disgrace. Bill Heard Chevrolet is going to change this battery because they want to do the right thing. My local dealer refused to change the battery, because GM would not pay them. Buyer beware of GM and their coverage.

'02 Prizm Review
By wolfzl on 03/13/02 21:11 PM (PST)

2002 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Very reliable and smooth vehicle. Ordered mine with a 5-sp instead of an automatic - small engine seems more "peppy" with the manual tranny. Extremely satisfied with this vehicle.