Not the sportiest car on the block...
By crowing on
2001 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
...but it's definitely not a bad bargain. I was looking for a used car that would be reliable but still within my budget and I found this at an auction for cheap. With the Prizm line now discontinued, I'll bet auto dealers are eager to get rid of them. If you get the LSi type you'll get cruise, power windows, and CD with a better than expected set of speakers, and it's still about $3000 less than a comparable Corolla. It won't have the same resale value, but that's the trade off. I'm about 5'11 and have no problems with the front seating, but leg-room in back is non-existant. Really wish it had more power. Perfect for those who want a small sedan but can live without something flashy.
Favorite Features
Good gas mileage with automatic (but not as good as manual), exellent reliability, fairly quiet interior, inexpensive to buy and own, decent sound system, nimble and pretty fun to drive
Suggested Improvements
More horsepower, slightly stiffer suspension, needs more space in the back seats, paint job is a little thin, and 4 speed autos should have been standard instead of 3 speed!