Good Car
By oceansunset79 on
2001 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
I bought this car for only $2,600 at a reputable local dealership. It's not new, the check engine light is on, but it runs/drives good. However, it seems to be getting poor gas mileage, and I still have to figure out why (has gone through almost 1/2 a tank of gas while only having gone 130 miles). I do mostly highway driving so this was quite surprising as I was expecting the rated 30 MPG city/40 MPG hwy as it has the 4-speed auto. I was impressed with the near-perfect reliability rating from consumer reports for this year/model. The only problem I've had besides fuel economy is that when the A/C is running the engine sometimes idles erratically, not sure why.
Favorite Features
Even with 215,000 miles ALL of the options- power windows, power locks, factory CD/speakers, cruise, A/C, Int. Wipers, Keyless Entry all work great.
Suggested Improvements
Gauges not lighted adequately for night driving (maybe a few dash lights burned out?), 4-speed auto tranny shifts fairly rough, may be due to the high miles (tranny fluid is perfect color/smell though). Not able to find the spark plugs/wires/PCV Valve/fuel filter- not an easy car to work on.