2001 Chevrolet Prizm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
Excellet Buy
By jcp238 on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a month before heading off for college. It was practical purchase: not a Celica, but no POS either. I have been extremely happy with the car.

Great Car, overall
By jbarr on 06/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My only complaint is that is a bit cramped for a 6 footer. Other than that, it is well built and economical.

2001 Prism 4 DR Sedan
By robt1950 on 06/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this used for my wife - was upside down in her trade-in but dealer worked a very good deal - same as a Corolla but cheaper. Was a program car. Not very comfortable for long trips, but good for trips around town. Performance is as expected with an engine this size. Have had one alignment with no further problems - has been trouble-free since purchase!!

Super Car!
By CJC on 06/14/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

My Prism looks just like the one shown on the web site. It is an excellent auto. Love the mileage. Comfortable, quite, peppy, crisp handling, low maintenance. What more could you ask for?

great car to buy used
By atl234 on 05/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new for about 16000 and got exactly what I expected, decent pick-up for an economy car and reliability. I would probably not buy it again unless it was used. These cars depreciate faster than the corolla. A used Prizm would be an excellent first car. Much better choice than a used civic, which will cost more.

My Third Prizm and NOT a Charm!
By V. Davis on 01/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is my third Prizm and it has had alignment problems from the work go. I have spent more on alignments and tire replacements for this car than the other two Prizms combined. Between the repairs and the depreciation, it is hardly worth keeping. It is good in bad weather; snow, sleet, etc.

Good car/Great Value
By Currycook on 12/05/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Good car, very good value. I bought this car because its a Toyota for less money. The chevy dealer gave me a good price and when you compare the price to the Toyota corrolla its a great value. I have had the car for 1.5 years and 26,000 miles and NO TROUBLE SO FAR. I dont expect any - I expect the same good reliability that you get in a toyota corrolla. But I didnt have to pay the extra dollars for it. The LSI features gives the car the little added touch and I think its well worth the extra cost for that package. I am very pleased with this car.

Great little car
By Chris Graham on 11/09/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just recently bought my prizm from a dealership after spending months looking at corolla's. i couldnt believe the fact that they are the exact same car. the only thing i wish it had was a center armrest console. but it drives great, gets great gas mileage and was priced to sell so im more than happy!

Peppy, gas sipper, too small for a 6 er
By J_vincen on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a little too small for my 6 foot frame, but the fuel economeny is amazing. I am driving this car as a loaner as my 2000 Dodge Neon is in the shop (again and again). When I got this car the fuel light was on so I put in $3 of gas. (What I would burn in the Neon in 2 days). It filled the car to over 1/4 tank and it's still at 1/4 after a full day.

My first car
By jopolk on 06/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The car is adequate. It doesn't have a lot of kick when you accelerate...a lot of cabin noise. The gas mileage is great!