Used 2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

A very good little car
By Patrick

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this for $3000 over the summer to replace a Cavalier. Mileage is great, performance is pretty good considering it only has 125 hp. Put some decent tires on it and cornering is really fun. Stereo is not too shabby either. Only drawbacks that I have encountered are fading paint, the interior plastic around the door frame is peeling (that most have come from the GM part of the joint project), and no center armrest. Besides that you can't beat it. Like everyone else has already said, it's just a Toyota with a Chevy emblem on it. A very easy way to save $2000 vs a Corolla, and even more on gas. This thing is bulletproof with proper maintenance. The perfect city car!

Stereo with standard CD player sounds good. Turns on a dime. Toyota drive train. Great gas mileage.

Some of the interior plastic is very cheap. Door handles seem to fall apart (cheap plastic loses its integrity when exposed to prolonged heat exposure). No center armrest. A 60/40 fold down seat would have been a nice standard feature.

Good Value
By Jenifer

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2001 Prism in 2006. It is very reliable. I am the 3rd owner. I bought the car with only 11,900 miles. Now I have 25K (2008). So far, replaced the battery, motor in the power window (drivers side), front brakes & recently all 4 tires (which were org). Considering the vechicle is 7 years old, so far so good. I bought the Prism since it's the Toyota Corolla. I intend to keep my Prism for many years to come.

My Chevota AT, 1.8
By Mikep1524

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car a few months ago. I deliver pizzas in it right now, have had no probs so far with almost putting 10k miles on it. It has 146k miles on it. I think it could be a little more peppy, but am happy with it as it is. Changed plugs 2 days ago, kinda hesitates a bit now, i think it needs time to adjust itself.

Automatic headlights, the CD player, you just can't beat a Delco factory radio. Tells outside temperature, and the AC will freeze you out. It looks pretty sharp. Toyota reliability.

More pep. The AC turns itself on when it is hot, I would like to do it myself. Rear left window doesn't roll down. I think the motor's bad.

My Prizm
By Beth

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for seven years and only have had to replace one sensor and that was last week. I have kept up the maintenance regularly and just replaced the front brake pads last month. I drive it almost only in town and have 46K miles on it. Overall, it has been a good reliable car.

The car gets good gas mileage and is roomy for a small car.

I would like the car to be quieter, there seems to be a lot of road noise when driven on the highway. Also a right arm rest would be nice.

Nice family car
By Anita

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Haven't had any real problems. I have had my car for three years and the only thing I have had to do is oil changes and get new tires. Although my check engine light is on (not sure why) I bought my car with only 36,000miles on it and am just getting ready to do a tune up on it. Reliable car.

Audio is great. Fun to drive.

The cup holder blocks the radio. The trunk needs to be a little bigger.