2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
Great Little Sedan
By Kaysea on 01/17/06 07:26 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great family car, with enough room for Mom, Dad, and a couple of kids. Came with front dual airbags and there are rear seatbelts with shoulder straps and a special hook-up for an infant carseat. Makes me feel pretty safe. There is plenty of leg room for the average person and a good size trunk for lots of stuff. I find that the car handles very well and is fun to drive on the highway. It has real good pick-up. I like this car and friends that have driven my car have loved it too!!

Prizm is a Great Value
By Virgoman0 on 12/28/05 16:28 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Prizm in Nov of 2001. I really have enjoyed this car a lot. It has given me excellent fuel economy and the handling has been very good. I have had no mechanical problems of any kind. As far a dependable transportation goes this car is it. Period!!

Great Deal
By kansasdriver on 08/15/05 17:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

We have had no trouble with this car. It was a one-owner lease, bought by the dealer for sale. The price was quite competitive. We are very pleased with all aspects of the car.

Good Car
By oceansunset79 on 08/08/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car for only $2,600 at a reputable local dealership. It's not new, the check engine light is on, but it runs/drives good. However, it seems to be getting poor gas mileage, and I still have to figure out why (has gone through almost 1/2 a tank of gas while only having gone 130 miles). I do mostly highway driving so this was quite surprising as I was expecting the rated 30 MPG city/40 MPG hwy as it has the 4-speed auto. I was impressed with the near-perfect reliability rating from consumer reports for this year/model. The only problem I've had besides fuel economy is that when the A/C is running the engine sometimes idles erratically, not sure why.

Great Value
By currycook on 06/29/05 13:50 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car for reliability and fuel economy. We have had no problems with it and have only changed the oil on a regular basis. It's not a fancy car but for pure value its a great great car.

Very good first car
By cjeanine on 06/15/05 18:58 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I've only had this car for about a year, and it was my first car. and I think for it being my first, I did pretty darn good. It's good on gas, and very easy to drive. The headlights turn themselves on at night, then off when the car is turned off, so I never have to worry about forgetting and leaving them on. The only annoying thing I can think of is that it doesn't always accelerate as fast as I want it to. Overall, a great, cheap, reliable car.

Shift Lover
By Alan on 05/21/05 11:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The reason I traded my 2002 Impala in was that my wife and I were done travelling. We just needed economical, reliable city transportation. The Prizm is exactly what we needed except now wish I had a manual transmission.

My little Prizm
By Mr500CM on 04/20/05 16:31 PM (PDT)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Not a bad car for the price... its zippy, handles well and its good on gas. In over a year, no real problems, the biggest one was that I needed to replace two bulbs. It runs and handles well all year long.

Not the sportiest car on the block...
By crowing on 02/01/05 03:25 AM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

...but it's definitely not a bad bargain. I was looking for a used car that would be reliable but still within my budget and I found this at an auction for cheap. With the Prizm line now discontinued, I'll bet auto dealers are eager to get rid of them. If you get the LSi type you'll get cruise, power windows, and CD with a better than expected set of speakers, and it's still about $3000 less than a comparable Corolla. It won't have the same resale value, but that's the trade off. I'm about 5'11 and have no problems with the front seating, but leg-room in back is non-existant. Really wish it had more power. Perfect for those who want a small sedan but can live without something flashy.

Prizm Review
By Prizmowner on 12/03/04 20:59 PM (PST)

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The Prizm is an excellent value for someone in the market for a small used car. My Prizm has been extremely reliable in the year that I have owned it. The 3-speed transmission sounds like it's laboring at speeds above 55 mph(good around town however). 4-speed would be much better I think. There is decent acceleration for a small car. Back seat is cramped - a friend got in and almost couldn't get back out. Overall, I'm pretty happy with my car. Paid $5999 for a loaded '01 over a year ago - can't beat the price for the quality of the car.