Used 2001 Chevrolet Prizm Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Prizm - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Prizm

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

Not so good.
By jc0187

2001 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, bought this car from my father. I have replaced the O2 sensors. The cadalitic converter is going out, and the a/c no longer works. The back passenger window does not work. I do not like the interior-very uncomfortable.

Favorite Features

Ok, I would have to say gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Hmm, I would say better quality components would make this car a keeper.

Mom's Car
By JO

2001 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Prizm in 2002 with 33,000 on it. Engine light came on once while under warranty. Regular maintenance. Other than some new tires and a couple of brake jobs, no great expense (knock on wood). I drive 22 round trip to work and have driven to DC and back to MA twice a year for past four years. Handles great on the highway and off. Great car.

Favorite Features

Trunk big enough to haul a college student's stuff. Comfortable. Love map lights on rearview mirror.

Suggested Improvements

Need more leg room in back seat.

weak econobox
By Bob

2001 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Base model with a few options. Looking for Totota reliability, but used car dealer can't seem to fix horn/cruise control issue (they don't work, and need a new relay). Low seating. Checked oil after 1 month, 3.5 quarts low! Yikes, that doesn't leave much. After filling oil, a month later it needs 1.5 quarts. Another reviewer noted his mother ran her Prizm 3 times with no oil; maybe because it burns. Someone else said it burns oil at highway speed. Could be. I don't see any drips in the garage. 3- speed auto stinks on the highway, car really doesn't like going over 60. Engine is making lifter noises. If engine holds up, this will be good around-town econobox for my HS kid.

Favorite Features

Small, good gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

3-speed auto is bad idea.

Prizm Cuts Through Clutter
By Andrew

2001 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a wonderful automobile because I get 42 mpg highway and a little city combined. The seats are a little uncomfortable, but my car has 113000 miles on it and it drives like a brand new car. Would deff recommend to a friend! I guess you could say i'm one of "the 9/10 ppl who would recommend Prizm to a friend". Prizm definitely "cuts through the clutter". In the mid 1990s I was "getting to know Geo" through the Geo Storm. Well, the Geo, or excuse me Chevrolet Prizm has my vote as one of the top cars of 2001. I hope I never smash my car. I am obsessed with Prizm. Prizm is good. I will buy a first generation Prizm (92 and older) second generation (93-97) Prizm also with my 01 Prizm

Favorite Features

Prizm drives like a much larger car yet it gets 42 mpg mostly highway!

Suggested Improvements

I love the gas mileage and the drive train capabilities of the ancient Prizm and the Egyptian color of Metallic Cashmere Taupe!

Very good car
By WP

2001 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car for 9 years and it is a very reliable commuter car. Does what I need it to do and does it when I need it to do it. Good car. Excellent reliability.

Favorite Features

Reliability.