Used 2001 Chevrolet Prizm LSi Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Chevrolet Prizm - Consumer Reviews

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

My 2001 Prizm experience
By howie12021

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Overall a good car with a variety of small faults: 1-upholstery gets holes from cigarette ash too easily. 2-headliner becoming unglued front/back windows. 3-rear cup holder flimsy. 4-dash light between tach/speedometer out very expensive dashboard dis-assembly to replace. 5-all dash lighting is terrible*too faint/hard to read. 6-center storage box*awkward to use. 7-window mechanism: driver's replaced* passenger's sticks [slam door]to un-stick?! 8-interior plastic strip above left rear door slowly shredding pieces. 9-Dashboard arrangement is poor, e.g., have to look to operate radio selections. 10-rear wiper a +. 11-bumper paint if 'touched' flakes off to reveal black undercoat.

Favorite Features

Reliable + economical + nice body design. UNFEATURES: 1-costly A/C repair @ 65,000!* not repairable, must replace! 2-car noisy. 3-driver's seat poor comfort/bad seating angle. 4-dome light works/doesn't dealer could not fix! Wheels collect dirt/hard to clean*smooth surfaces better.

Suggested Improvements

NOTE ABOVE COMMENTS FROM A DESIGN ENGINEER. also: ash tray/lighter*take eyes off road to use. A/C unit works well. Bought used with 35,000 K miles. Plastics/interior not as good as mechanical. Solid construction* better than Aveo [a poor] car. Paint peel after 9 years in sun. heavy hood*use Au?

Great vehicle all around!!!
By Ralph

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Well its my second one the first Prizm I owned I bought in 97 with 102K miles I finally passed it on to my kid brother in 03 with 230k miles and its still driving today. My 01 Prizm has 255k miles on it and still runs like new, these cars are amazing they don't look like much but they are great. The thing I love the most is with $20 bucks of gas you can run around town all week. They have great power and acceleration,no timing belt, however oil is very important to these cars!

Favorite Features

Power, reliability, gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Interior, cosmetics,

Not so good.
By jc0187

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Ok, bought this car from my father. I have replaced the O2 sensors. The cadalitic converter is going out, and the a/c no longer works. The back passenger window does not work. I do not like the interior-very uncomfortable.

Favorite Features

Ok, I would have to say gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Hmm, I would say better quality components would make this car a keeper.

Prizm Cuts Through Clutter
By Andrew

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a wonderful automobile because I get 42 mpg highway and a little city combined. The seats are a little uncomfortable, but my car has 113000 miles on it and it drives like a brand new car. Would deff recommend to a friend! I guess you could say i'm one of "the 9/10 ppl who would recommend Prizm to a friend". Prizm definitely "cuts through the clutter". In the mid 1990s I was "getting to know Geo" through the Geo Storm. Well, the Geo, or excuse me Chevrolet Prizm has my vote as one of the top cars of 2001. I hope I never smash my car. I am obsessed with Prizm. Prizm is good. I will buy a first generation Prizm (92 and older) second generation (93-97) Prizm also with my 01 Prizm

Favorite Features

Prizm drives like a much larger car yet it gets 42 mpg mostly highway!

Suggested Improvements

I love the gas mileage and the drive train capabilities of the ancient Prizm and the Egyptian color of Metallic Cashmere Taupe!

My Chevota AT, 1.8
By Mikep1524

2001 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car a few months ago. I deliver pizzas in it right now, have had no probs so far with almost putting 10k miles on it. It has 146k miles on it. I think it could be a little more peppy, but am happy with it as it is. Changed plugs 2 days ago, kinda hesitates a bit now, i think it needs time to adjust itself.

Favorite Features

Automatic headlights, the CD player, you just can't beat a Delco factory radio. Tells outside temperature, and the AC will freeze you out. It looks pretty sharp. Toyota reliability.

Suggested Improvements

More pep. The AC turns itself on when it is hot, I would like to do it myself. Rear left window doesn't roll down. I think the motor's bad.