2000 Chevrolet Prizm Consumer Review: Not as great as everyone says.

2000 Chevrolet Prizm - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Not as great as everyone says....
By morningland on

2000 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan

Needed a good car for school, thought the prizm was a good fit and bought one with only 40k miles on it. mpg is amazing on this car, getting 28-30 in the city! However, it consumes oil at an alarming rate (quart every 200m) so the saves equal themselves out. I maintained this car, changed oil and trans fluid but at 70k I can no trust it as reliable. Fuel pump just went out and now I am being told the transmission is going as well, so it's a piece of junk. Interior is VERY poorly made, door handles break, seats uncomfortable, everything is made of cheap plastic. Me personally, I have had enough of American cars and will NEVER put my money in them again... EVER!

Gas mileage but when you consider the fact you will be adding in oil all the time, it doesn't matter. I took a cross country road trip in this car and literally had to add 20-30 quarts of oil in the process... at 3-5 dollars a quart, the good gas mileage didn't matter at all.

Everything! I would not buy this car. You can NOT be sure you will be getting a reliable machine.