Not a BAD car but very dissapointing
By Joseph on
2000 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan
The fuel economy is awesome on this car but the mechanical flaws equal out the savings. This car ABSOLUTELY CONSUMES OIL at an incredible rate; on the free way, it eats a quart of oil every 150miles (google this issue before you buy). The car stalls EVERY time I start it and when driving, it sometimes fails to accelerate when you apply the gas which is very dangerous when turning into traffic. It is absolutely HORRIBLE in the snow so reconsider it if in a winter climate area. Also, the outside design is beautiful but the interior parts are made of cheap plastic that will break. My door handle broke a year ago and I am STILL looking for a replacement part. I would not recommend this car.
Favorite Features
Fuel economy but when you consider constantly having to purchase and add oil to the car, the savings are actually equalized. The oil doesn't burn or leak while idling but seems to leak while the car is driven above 55mph. I STRONGLY suggest googling and researching this issue before you buy.
Suggested Improvements
To many to list. I don't want to say this is the worst car on the planet but it has NOT LIVED UP TO IT'S HYPE. It is reliable but it also only has 70k so this is not very impressive. Honestly, I can not see this car going much more longer.