2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
Great reliable car
By kris3847 on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

IT gets good mileage and is very dependable. I've not had to do anything but regular maintenance in the past 4 years. My only complaint is that they put the cup holders in front of the cd, which makes getting cds in/out is a hassle and sometimes when you try to grab your drink you stop the cd or change the channel on the radio and stuff like that.

Cheap, Fun, Reliable!
By Sammy592 on 06/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

We researched a lot of cars before buying this one seven months ago and it really paid off. We wanted a reliable used car that we could keep for a long time, so the low price combined with Toyota reliablility appealed. The fuel economy and relativly good safety rating are nice, too. Pretty comfortable, and yes, it's fun to drive!

MIXMIXMAN
By thurst1963 on 05/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

very good cheap car runs very well no problems very good on gas the crazy thing is that if you drive 65-70 on the highway get about 29/30/mpg go 75- 80 and it get 37/39mpg go figure ha ha

Outstanding Small Car
By jharris10 on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

In the 3.5 years we’ve had the car its reliability has been outstanding. Only 2 issues. Water was leaking in and pooling in the left rear quarter panel, dealer resealed area and replaced foam drain plug before warranty expired. The second a small bolt was missing, easy replace. If you are looking for a quality used small car, this is it. You get Toyota reliability at a Chevy price. Average about 30 MPG driving in mixed conditions. Could expect 35+ with more highway miles. Currently has 51,000 miles.

Great Car
By Cat on 02/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used 3 moths ago from a dealer in Ohio. I've had no problems with it. i drive it school daily and it's amazing at how many people have this car.

gas saver
By The_Flyer2002 on 01/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

this is my second prism. and i would take it again. it is great. only reason i bought it is because it is cheaper than toyota but exactly the same. great performance.

Great Steal!!!
By Jenay628 on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

Ive had this car for about a month and it's great! It had 56000mi on it when bought it now has 59000 (I drive it alot!) Car does GREAT on gas milage-310mi/tank! Not too impressed with the interior. Floor space in the back could be bigger. Drive is okay but, it doesn't have a very fast pickup. I have to floor the gas to be able to get up to speed and even then it isn't great. The shocks, also, could be better. Other than that, I've had no issues with this car. AC is great, sound system is superb and my two year old loves that he can see out the window! This car reminds me of a small version of a Malibu.

I love this car!!!
By tracyjog on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

In the 3 years thatmI have had my Prizm I have had to do nothing more than regular maintaince (You can't say that about many cars!!). That combined with the great gas mileage has saved me a bundle. While the car is a little on the small side it is great for a single person. It is big enough to haul people around when needed and the storage room is great.

Better than expected
By GJB on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this Chevy using GM MC credits and rebate. $12K out the door. Car is very quiet and comfortable for class. Engine is surprisingly peppy. I got new tires (performance) and the handling improved markedly (still leans in turns, but tracks well). Fuel economy in my work commute is ~34mgp! Fun and quiet car.

The best of both worlds
By Quickshift on 12/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I just bought my Prizm this weekend. The car is a blast to drive. I bought it used w/ 20k mi. Even though it is equipped with an automatic transmission, it quickly picks up to the speed limit. I have to keep my eye on the speedometer from speeding. It has the new 16 valve DOHC vvti engine from Toyota. The gas mileage is very similar to my former car, the Accent. The ride is smooth til you hit some rough roads.