2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan - Consumer Reviews

LSi Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
My car sucks
By bettyboop16 on 12/07/14 22:51 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

I have had my prizm for just over a year and I will NEVER buy another car like it again...it eats oil like crazy,the inner door handle on drivers side is broke,the clear coat on the hood has peeled off, and it does the same as most of the other reviews, it hesitates when you pull out(VERY DANGEROUS) my fuel pump just went out today...can't wait to see whats next!!!!

Perfect Reliable Car for the Value!
By atlanta67 on 08/30/14 21:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

Most people are complaining about Prizm's interior design/quality etc. But thats not true. You are getting what you are paying for. There is not a better car in Prizm's price range. I purchased my prizm when it was 100k, currently it has 180k. It has never stopped working. Power/Weight ratio is perfect for this car 125 horsepower for that small size car is great. (dont expect fast accelerations etc) Currently, I'm looking for a upgrade but I will not sell my prizm, I want to keep it at least 2 or 3 years as a back up.

Great around-town car
By 4hudsons on 07/17/12 04:43 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

The Prism is a great around town car, but NOT for traveling. I have 260,000 miles on my manual shift and lost 4th gear last September and I am still getting over 34 miles to the gallon. The throwout bearing went bad at about 220,000 miles and we went ahead and rebuilt the motor since it was out and was losing compression. It runs like a new one except for the pesky 4th gear. The interior is very cheap and the door handles break easily. We bought this car new with only 11 miles on it, 8 we put on during the test drive. The car is great for around town and short trips less than 2 hours but uncomfortable on any further distance, especially in the back seat. The suspension is very cheap.

Quality used car
By jayk on 07/06/10 14:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

Bought the car used with 16k on it in 2002. Had previously owned a Geo Prizm with very few problems, which is why I chose this car. It now has 130k on it and has only needed routine maintenance. I haven't had the oil-guzzling probs others mention, & it gets great mileage too. My only complaints are the cup-holder blocks the radio if its holding a drink, and the black rubber trim on the window borders is peeling off. Suppose I'd settle for that any day over major mechanical malfunctions. If they still made this car, I'd absolutely buy it again.

2000 Checy Prizm Review
By Rick on 07/21/09 08:38 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

Generally a reliable vehicle. But the following problems have surfaced in the past 2 yrs. 1) Check engine light analyzed but repair didn't fix the problem. 2) Seatbelt light flashes sometimes for no reason. 3) A/C stopped working - too expensive to repair. 4) Cruise control works sometimes and sometimes doesn't work. 5) Transmission linkage shifts out of drive into neutral sometimes. Considering this is a Toyota Corolla with a Chevy nameplate, I am rather disappointed in this vehicle which has had good reviews elsewhere.

Great car
By Greg on 02/21/09 19:56 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

We purchased this car new in 2000. I do not have one bad word to say about this car. It has been a great little car. No problems what so ever. It is the best value for a car I have ever bought. If all US car maker made their cars of this quality, they would not be in the mess that they now are in. Bravo to General Motors for this car.

Highly Reliable
By Vinod on 03/11/05 13:21 PM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

Great Vehicle. It has been very reliable with no major problems reported. Great gas mileage and dependability. For someone who is 5' 6", this is perfect for me. Mostly City driving, occasional highway. For a compact car, it appears to have more room than you think.

Great reliable car
By kris3847 on 08/20/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

IT gets good mileage and is very dependable. I've not had to do anything but regular maintenance in the past 4 years. My only complaint is that they put the cup holders in front of the cd, which makes getting cds in/out is a hassle and sometimes when you try to grab your drink you stop the cd or change the channel on the radio and stuff like that.

Outstanding Small Car
By jharris10 on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

In the 3.5 years we’ve had the car its reliability has been outstanding. Only 2 issues. Water was leaking in and pooling in the left rear quarter panel, dealer resealed area and replaced foam drain plug before warranty expired. The second a small bolt was missing, easy replace. If you are looking for a quality used small car, this is it. You get Toyota reliability at a Chevy price. Average about 30 MPG driving in mixed conditions. Could expect 35+ with more highway miles. Currently has 51,000 miles.

Great Steal!!!
By Jenay628 on 08/29/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

Ive had this car for about a month and it's great! It had 56000mi on it when bought it now has 59000 (I drive it alot!) Car does GREAT on gas milage-310mi/tank! Not too impressed with the interior. Floor space in the back could be bigger. Drive is okay but, it doesn't have a very fast pickup. I have to floor the gas to be able to get up to speed and even then it isn't great. The shocks, also, could be better. Other than that, I've had no issues with this car. AC is great, sound system is superb and my two year old loves that he can see out the window! This car reminds me of a small version of a Malibu.