No regrets
By Starving student on
1999 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan
I really can't say enough about this car. It is the first car that I have owned and I'm afraid it may have set the bar too high for my future vehicles. I try to keep up on the routine maintenance, but even when I don't, the car is extremely forgiving. It has given me 50000 miles of trouble free driving and all I have given back is oil, tires, brakes and a battery. This amazes me because my wife learned how to drive a 5-speed on this car, it is not garaged (it gets buried in snow every winter and withstands sub zero temperatures) and we drive it all over the western US during the summers. On a recent trip, I calculated that we averaged 44 mpg! Bottom line: this is an all around great car.
Favorite Features
The engine is sufficient to drive the car at 65 up most hills in 4th gear. Cruise control is handy on road trips. Makes use of random interior places with storage bins. Handles well in snow and ice. Driver seat slides back far enough for taller drivers.
Suggested Improvements
A fold down rear seat would improve cargo capacity, but on the other hand I have transported snow skis, camping gear, suitcases and some furniture. Besides, who buys a compact sedan for cargo capacity?!