Best car I have ever owned
By pteixeira on
1999 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan
I bought this car new, ordered it in fact, down to every feature. It was my very first new car. Fast forward 12 years and my baby has 120,000 miles on her and has never let me down. Ever. I replaced the tires a few times, the compressor on the air conditioner and a few minor things, but this car has never left me stranded at the roadside. I still get 35-40mpg. I will drive this car till the wheels fall off. I expect to put on another 100,000 easily.
Favorite Features
Definitely my favorite feature of this car is the mileage. It is awesome. I also like the position of the cupholders, and that they disappear when not in use. My hubby has a Hyundai Elantra and the cupholders are in such a place that you have to take your eyes off the road to grab your cup. Not in my Prizm! :) The back seat is roomy enough for anyone I've ever had in the car.
Suggested Improvements
My only gripe about this car is that at the 11 year mark the weatherstripping around the windows started to crack off. It has made no difference not being there, tho. Also, the driver side visor will not stay up. I currently use a binder clip to keep it up, but have a replacement on order from eBay, which cost $20.