1999 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

1999 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
My car
By Florence on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

Went through a small flood Starts no matter how cold

Boring and Dependable
By rozellium on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

We needed a cheap car with low monthly payments that we could count on. The Prizm hasn't let us down a bit. With almost 60, 000 miles, we've had absolutely no problems other than routine maintenance like brakes. However, this no luxury vehicle. It pretty cramped, makes lots of noise especially on the highway, and doesn't have the most comfortable ride. Nothing to get excited about, but then again if your looking at a Corolla/Prizm you probably not the exciting type.

My Prizm rides well!
By vtowns on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in March of 2000, and love the style, the way it handles, and the gas mileage is great! However, it could be more comfortable, the seats are not at all comfortable, and there could be more leg room in the back seat, and it could take dings a little better too. Overall, it's a great car!

Great Reliable Car
By CharlieM on 04/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 99. Mine has a 5 speed manual and I have had no maintenance problems. All I do is change the oil every 3K miles and put in gas. The milage is so good I hardly use much gas. It easily gets over 30 miles to the gallon. On a long highway trip, I get close to 40 mpg.

Good/reliable car for the money
By Steve D on 02/13/02 20:40 PM (PST)

1999 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I leased this car in 1999 and now wished I had bought it. Pros... great mileage and reliability. I have had zero problems with this car. Cons...not all that comfortable but roomy enough for an averaged size male. I chose the manual transmission because it had a little more zip. Shifting is smooth and forgiving even for beginners. If you're looking for an economical, reliable small car...don't look any further.