Used 1999 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

One of the best small cars
By Josh

1999 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I was surprised when I first drove this car. For a 1.8L 120hp this thing sure has some pep to it. It is fun to drive, economical and super reliable! The dealership said they repaired the driver's side door handle once and it just broke again, so the door handles are super cheap. The A/C is cold and cools the car fast. It handles well, and is highly recommeded to all! Too bad they stopped making it!

Toyota enine, fuel conomy, relibability

A little better interior quality. The door handles are junk

Reliable Cutie
By Bahadir

1999 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

I needed a car to get me from point A to point B. My Prizm has a nice design, and is pretty quick with a Japanese engine and drivetrain. I thank Chevy for the decision. Best idea ever--no problems. Only changing oil was enough.

Reliability. Nice design for a midsize four door.

Nothing

Gives me what I have expected and more
By Burak

1999 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan 4dr Sedan

This car is absolutely the best. Reliable, with enough quickness and a nice design (better than his sister Corolla). For a mid-size sedan, it gives what you expect. There are some small design details, but they don't matter. I think Corolla saw that market is going to Prizm, than decided not to give the engine and drivetrain to Chevy. And they stopped the line after '02. How sad.

Nice colors, Comfy seats, I am 6'4" and I fit:) Reliability

Maybe the place of cup holders and a armrest .

Great Gas Mileage/Reliable Car
By Mike Steidemann

1999 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

I have owned two Chevy Prizms. One was a 1998 automatic and the one I own now is the 1999 5 speed LSI. I liked both cars, but I found that the automatic only averaged about 30 MPG while the stickshift averaged about 32.5 miles per gallon. Both cars were very reliable for me. I would suggest either version for a budget tight driver. The Prizm was also built on the same line as the Toyota Corolla and they are basically the same car.

The MPG this car achieves makes is well worth the price. Also, as I said before, it is the same car as the Toyota Corolla - which sells for about $1000 more for the exact same car!

Not really room for improvement. This is the car for the buyer that wants a very reliable car that gets great gas mileage. My only complaint is that they no longer make new versions of this car. I think 2002 was it's last year.

2nd Prism
By roedl161

1999 Chevrolet Prizm Sedan LSi 4dr Sedan

This is my 2nd Prism. My first lasted 10 years with no major problems. This Prism is now 4 years old and makes noises the last one didn't. I have also had it into my mechanic oftener for wobbles at higher speeds, a problem which has never been completely solved. Car just dosen't seem as well made as my first one. Thanks for this site to air opinions.

Lights automatically change from running lights to driving lights when it gets dark enough.

The cigarette lighter where I plug in my cell phone cannot be used on trips if two people have drinks, because its placed directly under drink holder. There are no drink holders in back seat, like no one is supposed to sit there.