Used 1998 Chevrolet Prizm LSi Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1998 Chevrolet Prizm - Consumer Reviews

1998 Chevrolet Prizm

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:

My little Prizm
By booter2009

1998 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

my Little prizm is great. Have never had any trouble with it beside that i had a little bit of arching in the main battery terminal. I bought it with about 140000 last year. This year i have just under 180000. The owner said that everything was original beside the Cads. It is just no in need of a throw out bearing for the transmission. Still a fun little car and cant wait to get it to 300000.

Favorite Features

Body style, and engine design

Suggested Improvements

Interior needs overhaul, performance parts to boost the already 120 hp that is being presented from the engine.

love my prism
By flamingoes

1998 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

I love my little prism. This was the first car I bought in 2002 with 59,000 miles on it. I have not had too many problems. Like most ppl on here i have replaced all my door handles inside and out, ac, the clear coat has chipped, and i have replaced some front end parts. Other than this my prism currently has 261,000! i keep thinking its almost done and it keeps me moving... never has she left me stranded and just when i think of getting a new one i think of all the fun i have had in her... haven't been able to part yet... i would definitely recommend this car!

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is the built in car seat. I dont have children but i always seem to find the need for one. Everyone that rides thinks its the handiest feature.

Suggested Improvements

If i could improve on this i would have better door handles and the clear coat could stay better.

My Grandma gifted me her '98 Prizm
By smac3

1998 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

And it's easily the best car I've ever owned. It has just under 60,000 miles on it, and based on most of these reviews on here, I've a long way to go before I experience any of the more serious (but routine) issues. I'm looking forward to owning this car a very long time. And the gas mileage, MY GOD! It's phenomenal!

Favorite Features

Fuel Economy, handling, CD player, A/C, Interior comfort

Great Little Car
By prizm4life

1998 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 98 Prizm LSI used in August of 1999. It was probably the best car purchase I ever made. It now has 102,000 miles on it and has never let me down. I've replaced a couple of door handles and some front suspension parts due to wear, but nothing out of the ordinary. I replaced the headliner but the rest of the interior still looks great. Chevy/Toyota really got it right on this one. I plan to continue driving it for a long time.

Keeps going
By Mommybug

1998 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

We are approaching the 200,000 mile mark and this car has been very reliable at getting us around, even when the Denver winters hit. Our air conditioner just went out for the 2nd time (1st was under warranty), and we've had to replace several of the original parts as they just get old, but nothing unexpected with a car this age. I wish the clear coat on the paint had lasted longer as it doesn't look as nice anymore. The fabric on the seats has held up well, but the interior roof fabric has not. I also agree that the car handles have shown a bit of weakness, though we've only had to replace the driver side once. Power window fixed once, too.

Favorite Features

Reliability, safety, and fuel economy. This car has been very inexpensive to own and reliable enough that we could get by with one car. When it was new, I loved that it had power windows. The cruise control has kept hubby out of speeding tickets.

Suggested Improvements

Better paint job to hold up longer. Make this reliable, safe model available again!