1998 Chevrolet Prizm - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prizm model:
My little Prizm
By booter2009 on 09/11/12 01:35 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

my Little prizm is great. Have never had any trouble with it beside that i had a little bit of arching in the main battery terminal. I bought it with about 140000 last year. This year i have just under 180000. The owner said that everything was original beside the Cads. It is just no in need of a throw out bearing for the transmission. Still a fun little car and cant wait to get it to 300000.

love my prism
By flamingoes on 12/16/11 22:26 PM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

I love my little prism. This was the first car I bought in 2002 with 59,000 miles on it. I have not had too many problems. Like most ppl on here i have replaced all my door handles inside and out, ac, the clear coat has chipped, and i have replaced some front end parts. Other than this my prism currently has 261,000! i keep thinking its almost done and it keeps me moving... never has she left me stranded and just when i think of getting a new one i think of all the fun i have had in her... haven't been able to part yet... i would definitely recommend this car!

My Grandma gifted me her '98 Prizm
By smac3 on 04/22/11 23:50 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

And it's easily the best car I've ever owned. It has just under 60,000 miles on it, and based on most of these reviews on here, I've a long way to go before I experience any of the more serious (but routine) issues. I'm looking forward to owning this car a very long time. And the gas mileage, MY GOD! It's phenomenal!

Great Little Car
By prizm4life on 04/10/11 18:14 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

I purchased my 98 Prizm LSI used in August of 1999. It was probably the best car purchase I ever made. It now has 102,000 miles on it and has never let me down. I've replaced a couple of door handles and some front suspension parts due to wear, but nothing out of the ordinary. I replaced the headliner but the rest of the interior still looks great. Chevy/Toyota really got it right on this one. I plan to continue driving it for a long time.

Keeps going
By Mommybug on 10/25/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

We are approaching the 200,000 mile mark and this car has been very reliable at getting us around, even when the Denver winters hit. Our air conditioner just went out for the 2nd time (1st was under warranty), and we've had to replace several of the original parts as they just get old, but nothing unexpected with a car this age. I wish the clear coat on the paint had lasted longer as it doesn't look as nice anymore. The fabric on the seats has held up well, but the interior roof fabric has not. I also agree that the car handles have shown a bit of weakness, though we've only had to replace the driver side once. Power window fixed once, too.

You cannot kill my Prizm
By Shawn on 10/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan

This is a completely honest review of my 1998 Prizm. The bad: -boring look -less than expected 4 cylinder pep -awful body roll on corners -a lot of rattles on bumpy road at 170,000 -way to loud at any speed over 70 mph the good: -unbelievable reliability -quality parts-quality -comfortable ride at 65 mph -Superior gas mileage -not a bad size overall inside -easy dash layout my Prizm refuses to die. I bought it with 150,000 miles currently has 170,000. I have done nothing but change plugs and fluid, air filter. I Punch this car at every stop, it shifts smooth every time. Engine is not bad at all performance wise for its mileage. Don't be afraid to buy one with high miles! Commuters<----buy!

Reliable
By cory on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

Very reliable car. Only issues have been changing the oxygen sensor, but other than that it runs great and is fuel efficient.

Great car
By Mauigirl on 12/13/09 13:41 PM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

I bought my '98 Prizm in 2005 for $4000. It had about 60,000 miles on it then. It now has 130,000 miles on it. It has been the best buy, the most reliable car. Interesting to read the other reviews about the door handles snapping off. Mine has done the same and I am unable to find the replacement part. The Chevy dealer is asking $200 for it. The A/C recently went out so I may consider selling as I live on Maui, although I'm tempted to see how long I can keep it running! Just wanted to add my two cents about this car. I have loved it and it has been very good to me!

Great 1st Car
By J.Debs on 04/24/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

1998 Chevrolet Prizm 4dr Sedan

My little car has 160,000 miles & it's going strong. A few things have gone awry such as I had to replace the starter shortly after I bought it (it had 105k miles when I got it in 2006), the front passenger door handle broke and so did the AC but it's been a great first car. No engine problems at all. It does eat oil fast which is annoying to refill so often. I get anywhere from 31-34 mpg. I've taken it on many long distance trips and it's always a joy to drive.

148,000 and still rolling
By JRB on 01/30/09 06:30 AM (PST)

1998 Chevrolet Prizm LSi 4dr Sedan

Bought my 1998 Chevy Prism in fall '99 and it is still rolling after all these miles and 10 plus years. I have taken care of it and it still runs great. I have done regular work on it, and every vehicle needs this. Battery, starter, alternator, tires, brakes, oil changes, etc. I have heard these things will push 200k and still roll on. We will see and I will run this until it dies.

1 2 3 4 5 next »