2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: *Stunnin*

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

SS Coupe (5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic)

By joby on

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great driving car. It has a smooth ride without the noise of the road. It has plenty of room both in the front and the back, not to mention the trunk is huge. Most of my friends are rather big and non of them have trouble fitting. I get an average of 18.5 mpg (city/highway) with a K&N air intake but I don't drive much on the highway. I ran a 14.3 @ 100.7 mph at the track when it was stock which was better then my friends stock mustang gt. I have picked it up to 140 after getting tuned and the bigger breaks helped slow this big car down. It dynoed at 287 whp with 264 pounds of torque. I am really impressed with this car and I'm sure anyone else who owns one would agree.

The 5.3 engine is great. The wider body style gives it an aggressive stance. Plenty of room for anyone. The long doors would be perfect to add lambo hinges.

Could use a manual transmission. Real wheel drive would make it a little bit more fun.