2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
The Sled
By The Sled on 01/16/09 07:28 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased new, my second Monte Carlo. The first one is a 2000LS. This 07 LT is garbage. Problems from bad (DIC) few of them, display burns out, replaced all four rims from corrosion already, car creaks like a 10yr old car, cheaper plastics, and low grade leather seating. Maybe they skimped on quality for the last year. Really thought I'd love this one the way I love my old Monte, which I still have.

The car is beautiful
By Shell on 01/09/09 15:03 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my new car, it is very comfortable. That was the second reason I bought it, first being the overall looks. Mine is black beauty. Only complaint is I am only getting 13 mpg in city.

2007 Monte Carlo SS 5.3 Liter
By Rexter on 11/17/08 09:17 AM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned three of these Monte Carlo's; A 2000 V-6, a 2003 V-6, and now the 5.3L V-8. The V-8 is an interstate cruiser with it's long wheel base, drivers seat with lumbar adjustments, power and handling - a real joy on a long trip. The mileage running in 4 cylinder mode is impressive. In teh flat lands of Florida on cruise control i achieved 31 mpg!! Pretty amazing out of a 300+ HP V-8. I have added a performance chip from Jet and a K&N cold air intake. I have not had it dyno tested since those mods, but with hightest gas, the results are noticeable - guess 15 to 20 HP. This machine fits my bill and I am very happy with it. I have not seen another like it in Red Jewel paint and bra

Love my Monte
By nascar88 on 08/19/08 23:16 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car is great. I love driving it all the time and really enjoy the style and looks of this car. It's still a attention getter. I don't understand why they stopped making it. I am so glad to get the last of them for 2007. Please GM bring this car back. See ya at the dream cruise in 2032 what a classic it will be. Love my Chevy

The Best Monte Carlo ever!
By ChevyRocks on 08/14/08 20:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I always wanted a Monte Carlo SS and I finally got one. I bought mine used though with only 8k on it. I love every moment in this car, I traded my 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS for it and I'm so glad I did this is a way better vehicle safer and more fun to drive and more room. I actually get better mileage for gas with this one than my Cobalt SS. This is a great vehicle for sure GM got it right with this one for sure to bad they dropped it they should bring it back and have and option for front wheel drive or rear wheel drive. I love everything with this car it is loaded with Leather, a great stereo, sunroof , power under the hood and great looks. It was worth trading that Cobalt SS for, for sure!

Disappointed from Cleveland
By melissa/cleveland on 07/25/08 14:07 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

What a disappointment! Can't believe I had to replace the steering shaft twice at 700 miles and again at 7800. What was my dream car became my nightmare! Gas mileage is terrible and the stereo reception and speakers are just as bad.

Fast n Fun
By Old Chevy Man on 05/29/08 08:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Since the 60's, I have had muscle cars, none of which were very adequate for daily driving. So, I always had a 2nd car. Well those days are over. This Monte SS drives like a sports car, is a muscle car when you want it to be, and calm as a pussycat when unprovoked. Why would they discontinue such a great car?

Great Car for the Money
By Show-me-2 on 05/13/08 09:50 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Well I've owned this car for four months and really enjoy it. Gas mileage using regular gas is great 27 city/highway, I get 34 on the highway. Since this car is a Flex Fuel car I started using E-85 and the mileage dropped like 6-8 miles to the gallon which was very disappointing, otherwise this car is great.

Top dog 2007 SS
By dfwwiz on 03/09/08 21:22 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 4th Monte Carlo we have owned. We bought this 07 SS after finding out about it being the last year produced. Chevy finally put the engine in it needed and now its dead. After 5 weeks of owning it, i'm still in awe of it! We trade in a very nice 2004 SS for this one. This one is black with most all of the extras on it. This is by far the best car I've ever owned. It gets great mileage for having over 300 hp. So far it has averaged 20.6 in city. The power is just awesome. I removed the mufflers to let it sound better and replaced them with straight 2.250 pipe and reattached the stock tips. This car turns heads evereywhere it goes. We also had a 79 and still have an 86 SS

Hugely underrated
By j.j. on 03/09/08 09:14 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Front wheel drive is a tradeoff. You can drive in any weather, but under hard acceleration, there's that torques steer. Aside from the whole front wheel drive arguement, this car is fun. It's fast. Priced way below what you'd have to pay for a foreign car this fast. I sold my 99 m-3 because it was undriveable in snow, and totally dangerous in wet weather. This SS Monte does it all, no matter what the weather.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.