Used 2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews - 31 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Very Disapointed
By Charley

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Monte Carlo expecting a great car like the Firebirds of old. I felt the engine and transmission were very good. The fit and finish inside the car was very bad. The dash had a big gap in it and the dealer said they would do nothing about it. The care had three steering shafts put into it. The steering had a problem that Chevrolet knew was there but the fix they had for the collapsible steering shaft was only a temporary fix and the noise and feel of a click would come back after a few thousand miles. The diver seat was loose and the dealer said this was normal. I traded it for a Toyota corolla and am very happy with that car. I had five Trans Ams of old but never a GM product again.

engine and transmission. seats were comfortable if they did move around.

No point in making suggestions since they don't make the car anymore.

I love this car
By Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my monte new in march 2007. I have not had one single mechanical issue with it since. Seriously, not one. It is very comfortable and looks awesome. At 28,000 it is still running like new and shows no signs of slowing down.

nice inside, look, reliability

they shouldn't have stopped making it

Love it!
By larry

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had NO problems with this car. Purchased it used with 11,000 miles on it. The gas mileage is fantastic! I learned a new way to drive by watching the mileage on the information center, and average 30+ per gallon. On a trip, I can get up to 40 mpg! (stay away from the ethanol, it ruins the mileage!)

Onboard information center. Lumbar support. Handles great

none

Beautiful
By kirch

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The greatest thing about this car is blowing by cars that are modded to race. Most don't stand a chance with the hp and torque on this thing. Only one problem with it is that if you drive in salt a lot your rotors rust easily mine after 27k miles but dealer handles that as long as you dont void your warranty. Up to 34 mpg going 60 mph. Headturner no matter where you are. Not to mention the stock 18s look sweet

fwd has gotten me out of some sticky situations so i don't mind it. the length gives you the feeling of being in a larger car

More metal less plastic, little things like the grill and we bought the ss give us a spare that isn't a donut

*Stunnin*
By joby

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great driving car. It has a smooth ride without the noise of the road. It has plenty of room both in the front and the back, not to mention the trunk is huge. Most of my friends are rather big and non of them have trouble fitting. I get an average of 18.5 mpg (city/highway) with a K&N air intake but I don't drive much on the highway. I ran a 14.3 @ 100.7 mph at the track when it was stock which was better then my friends stock mustang gt. I have picked it up to 140 after getting tuned and the bigger breaks helped slow this big car down. It dynoed at 287 whp with 264 pounds of torque. I am really impressed with this car and I'm sure anyone else who owns one would agree.

The 5.3 engine is great. The wider body style gives it an aggressive stance. Plenty of room for anyone. The long doors would be perfect to add lambo hinges.

Could use a manual transmission. Real wheel drive would make it a little bit more fun.