Used 2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

I love this car
By Brandon

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my monte new in march 2007. I have not had one single mechanical issue with it since. Seriously, not one. It is very comfortable and looks awesome. At 28,000 it is still running like new and shows no signs of slowing down.

nice inside, look, reliability

they shouldn't have stopped making it

Love it!
By larry

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had NO problems with this car. Purchased it used with 11,000 miles on it. The gas mileage is fantastic! I learned a new way to drive by watching the mileage on the information center, and average 30+ per gallon. On a trip, I can get up to 40 mpg! (stay away from the ethanol, it ruins the mileage!)

Onboard information center. Lumbar support. Handles great

none

Beautiful
By kirch

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The greatest thing about this car is blowing by cars that are modded to race. Most don't stand a chance with the hp and torque on this thing. Only one problem with it is that if you drive in salt a lot your rotors rust easily mine after 27k miles but dealer handles that as long as you dont void your warranty. Up to 34 mpg going 60 mph. Headturner no matter where you are. Not to mention the stock 18s look sweet

fwd has gotten me out of some sticky situations so i don't mind it. the length gives you the feeling of being in a larger car

More metal less plastic, little things like the grill and we bought the ss give us a spare that isn't a donut

*Stunnin*
By joby

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great driving car. It has a smooth ride without the noise of the road. It has plenty of room both in the front and the back, not to mention the trunk is huge. Most of my friends are rather big and non of them have trouble fitting. I get an average of 18.5 mpg (city/highway) with a K&N air intake but I don't drive much on the highway. I ran a 14.3 @ 100.7 mph at the track when it was stock which was better then my friends stock mustang gt. I have picked it up to 140 after getting tuned and the bigger breaks helped slow this big car down. It dynoed at 287 whp with 264 pounds of torque. I am really impressed with this car and I'm sure anyone else who owns one would agree.

The 5.3 engine is great. The wider body style gives it an aggressive stance. Plenty of room for anyone. The long doors would be perfect to add lambo hinges.

Could use a manual transmission. Real wheel drive would make it a little bit more fun.

Two Montes
By Mark Coucke

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my 2007 SS Monte Carlo, we just bought it this month. We already have a 2003 Monte Carlo and since we liked it so much we bought another one. We like the fact that it has a V8 engine. Our first one had a V6 and we really love them for travel and they're beautiful cars.

The speed and the roominess, great for long distance driving.

The windshield wipers on the 2003 Monte Carlo would always rub on the cowling on the bottom of the windshield area. I think they got it right on the 2007 though!