Used 2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS Coupe Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

5.0 Litre Eater
By roddiekarate

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Monte Carlo.
My first was a 1999 Z-34 with a Series II 3800 engine.
At the time it was a very quick car, but increasing the horsepower by over 100 was quite a change to say the least.
The torque off the line is startling, but when you learn to control it (or upgrade your tires), a new 5.0 Litre Mustang has a scrap on his hands.
Pairing two drivers of similar skill, it can go either way.
I love getting a red light next to a teenager in his/her sports car.
I live in calgary so that usually means a Beamer, an Audi, or a Mustang.
On dry pavement, enjoy my exhaust.
Also, Challengers and Chargers should take notice pretty quickly.

The gas pedal

Very Disapointed
By Charley

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Monte Carlo expecting a great car like the Firebirds of old. I felt the engine and transmission were very good. The fit and finish inside the car was very bad. The dash had a big gap in it and the dealer said they would do nothing about it. The care had three steering shafts put into it. The steering had a problem that Chevrolet knew was there but the fix they had for the collapsible steering shaft was only a temporary fix and the noise and feel of a click would come back after a few thousand miles. The diver seat was loose and the dealer said this was normal. I traded it for a Toyota corolla and am very happy with that car. I had five Trans Ams of old but never a GM product again.

engine and transmission. seats were comfortable if they did move around.

No point in making suggestions since they don't make the car anymore.

Beautiful
By kirch

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The greatest thing about this car is blowing by cars that are modded to race. Most don't stand a chance with the hp and torque on this thing. Only one problem with it is that if you drive in salt a lot your rotors rust easily mine after 27k miles but dealer handles that as long as you dont void your warranty. Up to 34 mpg going 60 mph. Headturner no matter where you are. Not to mention the stock 18s look sweet

fwd has gotten me out of some sticky situations so i don't mind it. the length gives you the feeling of being in a larger car

More metal less plastic, little things like the grill and we bought the ss give us a spare that isn't a donut

*Stunnin*
By joby

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great driving car. It has a smooth ride without the noise of the road. It has plenty of room both in the front and the back, not to mention the trunk is huge. Most of my friends are rather big and non of them have trouble fitting. I get an average of 18.5 mpg (city/highway) with a K&N air intake but I don't drive much on the highway. I ran a 14.3 @ 100.7 mph at the track when it was stock which was better then my friends stock mustang gt. I have picked it up to 140 after getting tuned and the bigger breaks helped slow this big car down. It dynoed at 287 whp with 264 pounds of torque. I am really impressed with this car and I'm sure anyone else who owns one would agree.

The 5.3 engine is great. The wider body style gives it an aggressive stance. Plenty of room for anyone. The long doors would be perfect to add lambo hinges.

Could use a manual transmission. Real wheel drive would make it a little bit more fun.

Two Montes
By Mark Coucke

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my 2007 SS Monte Carlo, we just bought it this month. We already have a 2003 Monte Carlo and since we liked it so much we bought another one. We like the fact that it has a V8 engine. Our first one had a V6 and we really love them for travel and they're beautiful cars.

The speed and the roominess, great for long distance driving.

The windshield wipers on the 2003 Monte Carlo would always rub on the cowling on the bottom of the windshield area. I think they got it right on the 2007 though!