2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo 5.3L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
5.0 Litre Eater
By roddiekarate

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Monte Carlo. My first was a 1999 Z-34 with a Series II 3800 engine. At the time it was a very quick car, but increasing the horsepower by over 100 was quite a change to say the least. The torque off the line is startling, but when you learn to control it (or upgrade your tires), a new 5.0 Litre Mustang has a scrap on his hands. Pairing two drivers of similar skill, it can go either way. I love getting a red light next to a teenager in his/her sports car. I live in calgary so that usually means a Beamer, an Audi, or a Mustang. On dry pavement, enjoy my exhaust. Also, Challengers and Chargers should take notice pretty quickly.

Favorite Features

The gas pedal

Very Disapointed
By Charley

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Monte Carlo expecting a great car like the Firebirds of old. I felt the engine and transmission were very good. The fit and finish inside the car was very bad. The dash had a big gap in it and the dealer said they would do nothing about it. The care had three steering shafts put into it. The steering had a problem that Chevrolet knew was there but the fix they had for the collapsible steering shaft was only a temporary fix and the noise and feel of a click would come back after a few thousand miles. The diver seat was loose and the dealer said this was normal. I traded it for a Toyota corolla and am very happy with that car. I had five Trans Ams of old but never a GM product again.

Favorite Features

engine and transmission. seats were comfortable if they did move around.

Suggested Improvements

No point in making suggestions since they don't make the car anymore.

Beautiful
By kirch

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The greatest thing about this car is blowing by cars that are modded to race. Most don't stand a chance with the hp and torque on this thing. Only one problem with it is that if you drive in salt a lot your rotors rust easily mine after 27k miles but dealer handles that as long as you dont void your warranty. Up to 34 mpg going 60 mph. Headturner no matter where you are. Not to mention the stock 18s look sweet

Favorite Features

fwd has gotten me out of some sticky situations so i don't mind it. the length gives you the feeling of being in a larger car

Suggested Improvements

More metal less plastic, little things like the grill and we bought the ss give us a spare that isn't a donut

*Stunnin*
By joby

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great driving car. It has a smooth ride without the noise of the road. It has plenty of room both in the front and the back, not to mention the trunk is huge. Most of my friends are rather big and non of them have trouble fitting. I get an average of 18.5 mpg (city/highway) with a K&N air intake but I don't drive much on the highway. I ran a 14.3 @ 100.7 mph at the track when it was stock which was better then my friends stock mustang gt. I have picked it up to 140 after getting tuned and the bigger breaks helped slow this big car down. It dynoed at 287 whp with 264 pounds of torque. I am really impressed with this car and I'm sure anyone else who owns one would agree.

Favorite Features

The 5.3 engine is great. The wider body style gives it an aggressive stance. Plenty of room for anyone. The long doors would be perfect to add lambo hinges.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a manual transmission. Real wheel drive would make it a little bit more fun.

Two Montes
By Mark Coucke

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my 2007 SS Monte Carlo, we just bought it this month. We already have a 2003 Monte Carlo and since we liked it so much we bought another one. We like the fact that it has a V8 engine. Our first one had a V6 and we really love them for travel and they're beautiful cars.

Favorite Features

The speed and the roominess, great for long distance driving.

Suggested Improvements

The windshield wipers on the 2003 Monte Carlo would always rub on the cowling on the bottom of the windshield area. I think they got it right on the 2007 though!

The car is beautiful
By Shell

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my new car, it is very comfortable. That was the second reason I bought it, first being the overall looks. Mine is black beauty. Only complaint is I am only getting 13 mpg in city.

Favorite Features

Overall looks and comfort, it is a head turner.

Suggested Improvements

Rear wheel drive

2007 Monte Carlo SS 5.3 Liter
By Rexter

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned three of these Monte Carlo's; A 2000 V-6, a 2003 V-6, and now the 5.3L V-8. The V-8 is an interstate cruiser with it's long wheel base, drivers seat with lumbar adjustments, power and handling - a real joy on a long trip. The mileage running in 4 cylinder mode is impressive. In teh flat lands of Florida on cruise control i achieved 31 mpg!! Pretty amazing out of a 300+ HP V-8. I have added a performance chip from Jet and a K&N cold air intake. I have not had it dyno tested since those mods, but with hightest gas, the results are noticeable - guess 15 to 20 HP. This machine fits my bill and I am very happy with it. I have not seen another like it in Red Jewel paint and bra

Favorite Features

Looks, performance, mileage. I receive comments from strangers all the time on what a beautiful car. A few Mustang owners have been surprised - guess they thought there was a V-6 under the hood. Sweet!

Suggested Improvements

Not many - a Bose sound system, rear wheel drive, and about 50 to 75 more horsepower

Love my Monte
By nascar88

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This car is great. I love driving it all the time and really enjoy the style and looks of this car. It's still a attention getter. I don't understand why they stopped making it. I am so glad to get the last of them for 2007. Please GM bring this car back. See ya at the dream cruise in 2032 what a classic it will be. Love my Chevy

Favorite Features

How fast the 5.3 engine is, also the handling of the car overall. What a car GM made so well.

Suggested Improvements

None, like it just the way it is.

The Best Monte Carlo ever!
By ChevyRocks

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I always wanted a Monte Carlo SS and I finally got one. I bought mine used though with only 8k on it. I love every moment in this car, I traded my 2007 Chevy Cobalt SS for it and I'm so glad I did this is a way better vehicle safer and more fun to drive and more room. I actually get better mileage for gas with this one than my Cobalt SS. This is a great vehicle for sure GM got it right with this one for sure to bad they dropped it they should bring it back and have and option for front wheel drive or rear wheel drive. I love everything with this car it is loaded with Leather, a great stereo, sunroof , power under the hood and great looks. It was worth trading that Cobalt SS for, for sure!

Favorite Features

Everything!

Suggested Improvements

Manual transmission!

Fast n Fun
By Old Chevy Man

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Since the 60's, I have had muscle cars, none of which were very adequate for daily driving. So, I always had a 2nd car. Well those days are over. This Monte SS drives like a sports car, is a muscle car when you want it to be, and calm as a pussycat when unprovoked. Why would they discontinue such a great car?

Favorite Features

Seamless power

Suggested Improvements

6 speed