2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
5.0 Litre Eater
By roddiekarate on 03/19/12 03:03 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Monte Carlo. My first was a 1999 Z-34 with a Series II 3800 engine. At the time it was a very quick car, but increasing the horsepower by over 100 was quite a change to say the least. The torque off the line is startling, but when you learn to control it (or upgrade your tires), a new 5.0 Litre Mustang has a scrap on his hands. Pairing two drivers of similar skill, it can go either way. I love getting a red light next to a teenager in his/her sports car. I live in calgary so that usually means a Beamer, an Audi, or a Mustang. On dry pavement, enjoy my exhaust. Also, Challengers and Chargers should take notice pretty quickly.

Frayed Wires
By graciebh on 11/22/11 15:43 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

With the exception of this, I did love my Monte Carlo. Wires frayed and broke at 32,000 miles on the shifter causing the shifter to stick in park. Also caused my battery to die. Dealer and complaint to Chevy was answered with average wear and tear, out of warranty. Sorry 32,000 miles going from park, drive and reverse caused wear and tear on wires that are hidden under the console?

Car Awful
By PStark on 09/22/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We loved the car when we bought it. It had just 11,000 miles. We have had nothing but problems with it. Fist the check engine light comes on and nothing works. Turned it off and back on and everything was ok. Next the heater and air would work sometimes and the not. Thant quit. We sprung 2 leaks in the Power Steering line, and the transmission will stall and then lunge forward. Contacted Chevrolet and that was the biggest joke. Recall on 2006 and 2007 Monte Carlos for the Power Steering leakage, but not 2007. Technical Service Bulletin on the Transmission, which could cause a serious accident, but nothing on the 2007. Dealer said it was a crimped line. Get real.

An Impala for singles. Sweet ride!
By Motorman on 09/21/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Consider it a 2007 Impala LT with two doors and sleeker styling. It's basically the same car! Very comfortable with its wide interior and vast stretch-out space up front. Even the rear seat is roomy once you access it. The 3.5-liter V6 gives a nice power and economy combination; I regularly get 20-23 MPG city and 30-32 MPH highway on 87-octane gas, and still have plenty of power for safe passing and merging. Blissfully smooth ride with its long wheelbase. Quiet on the move. Very roomy trunk. Handles well enough, but just a little too big to be called nimble. OnStar brings great safety-related peace of mind. Climate controls heat and cool quickly and effectively. Long GM powertrain warranty!

Very Disapointed
By Charley on 06/01/10 16:57 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my Monte Carlo expecting a great car like the Firebirds of old. I felt the engine and transmission were very good. The fit and finish inside the car was very bad. The dash had a big gap in it and the dealer said they would do nothing about it. The care had three steering shafts put into it. The steering had a problem that Chevrolet knew was there but the fix they had for the collapsible steering shaft was only a temporary fix and the noise and feel of a click would come back after a few thousand miles. The diver seat was loose and the dealer said this was normal. I traded it for a Toyota corolla and am very happy with that car. I had five Trans Ams of old but never a GM product again.

I love this car
By Brandon on 04/10/10 18:12 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my monte new in march 2007. I have not had one single mechanical issue with it since. Seriously, not one. It is very comfortable and looks awesome. At 28,000 it is still running like new and shows no signs of slowing down.

Love it!
By larry on 07/16/09 13:37 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Have had NO problems with this car. Purchased it used with 11,000 miles on it. The gas mileage is fantastic! I learned a new way to drive by watching the mileage on the information center, and average 30+ per gallon. On a trip, I can get up to 40 mpg! (stay away from the ethanol, it ruins the mileage!)

Beautiful
By kirch on 04/26/09 20:18 PM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The greatest thing about this car is blowing by cars that are modded to race. Most don't stand a chance with the hp and torque on this thing. Only one problem with it is that if you drive in salt a lot your rotors rust easily mine after 27k miles but dealer handles that as long as you dont void your warranty. Up to 34 mpg going 60 mph. Headturner no matter where you are. Not to mention the stock 18s look sweet

*Stunnin*
By joby on 04/02/09 11:48 AM (PDT)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is a great driving car. It has a smooth ride without the noise of the road. It has plenty of room both in the front and the back, not to mention the trunk is huge. Most of my friends are rather big and non of them have trouble fitting. I get an average of 18.5 mpg (city/highway) with a K&N air intake but I don't drive much on the highway. I ran a 14.3 @ 100.7 mph at the track when it was stock which was better then my friends stock mustang gt. I have picked it up to 140 after getting tuned and the bigger breaks helped slow this big car down. It dynoed at 287 whp with 264 pounds of torque. I am really impressed with this car and I'm sure anyone else who owns one would agree.

Two Montes
By Mark Coucke on 02/21/09 22:42 PM (PST)

2007 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my 2007 SS Monte Carlo, we just bought it this month. We already have a 2003 Monte Carlo and since we liked it so much we bought another one. We like the fact that it has a V8 engine. Our first one had a V6 and we really love them for travel and they're beautiful cars.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.