2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: Satisfied

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Review

By 06Monte on

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased my Monte new while I worked at the dealership. The first 50,000 miles had very few problems with it. The only really thing was that I blew a power steering line and the junk tire pressure sensors. I had the keyless entry system (which reads the tire pressure sensors) replaced twice. And numerous amounts of sensors replaced before it fixed itself. After 50,000 the GMPP warranty paid for itself. Had control arms, wheel bearings, and tie rods replaced all at once. Had oil rings in the engine seize and had 8 new pistons and rings installed. Trust me I take care of this car! Nothing but 92+ octane and synthetic oil every 5,000 miles. All maintanence performed regularly.

The car has a very smooth ride! Once a month I travel from Philly to Akron, OH and with the XM it makes a quick drive! Plenty of power for passing and going through the mountains when your there!

GM really needs to reconsider the tire pressure monitor system. In the 4 years I owned this car it has been in the shop 14 times for something related to that system. But, like any other die-hard GM enthusiast, it would have been nice to see a rwd manual monte! Gives us something to hope for!