2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Review: Finally!

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Review

Finally!
By Rachael Lange on

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With it being my sixth vehicle in the last eight years, I can not say enough about it. It is the only one I would actually consider leasing another one of. I am very impressed with its handling capability being a front drive V8, and it also adds practicality (although hardly practical) for an every day driver, with roomy interior for a coupe. The ride is phenomenally solid and quiet. The only thing you're really going to hear is the rumble of that 5.3L, 303 hp engine. Gas mileage is actually better than my '04 Grand Prix GTP (Supercharged V6), by 2.5 miles! The redesigned front end was definitely over due and, gives the '06 Monte Carlo a much more sophisticated yet aggressive appearance.

That engine of course! And the exhaust tone is sweet. Also, the optional 18" chromed aluminum double spoke wheels are a little pricy but worth it! The remote start is wonderful if you live in colder climates (i.e. Wisconsin).

I love the car, don't get me wrong but, my least favorite are the standard SS wheels. They look chunky and even the polished aluminum needs some...um...polishing! I'm sure a manual trans is out buy maybe a 5 speed auto??