Used 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe Consumer Reviews - 80 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Love Da Monte!
By G. Ruckdeschel

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you like power, style and turning heads on the road, this is your car. I have the laser blue metalic with the silvertone and on a clear sunny day I get countless compliments on my car. 303 horses gives you the power when needed, but the ride is smooth.

Double chromed pipes and Nascar look.

Smaller doors. They are kind of long and you have to be careful especially when you have passengers of them opening too wide and into a curb or another vehicle.

Coolness Of My '06 Monte LTZ
By RJ

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

What can I say about such a great car that hasn't already been said? It's fun to drive. It turns heads. Not 100% sure about the performance as of yet cause I've not tried it. I also own a 1986 LS Monte I've had for pretty much 10 years and part of the reason I wanted an '06 is cause my two Montes are 20 years apart. So far I've cleaned the car like 200 times and it sets inside under a new car cover most the time. Since I got it, I think I've put 1200 miles on it? I like cleaning the car.

The dash cluster. Leather heated seats.The 8 speaker, 6 disk CD sterio equipment. Fold down rear seat. Lots of trunk space. Anti-lock brakes. Stand up rear spoiler. The 3.9 under the hood. The accessory door sill covers and exhaust tips I installed, look great.

The door panels could have been of better quality. And the dash lay out. Why isn't there a metal overlay on the pass side of the dash like the driver side has?

Great Car for the Money
By T Aodd

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

After a year and a half of driving this car, I have mostly good things to say about this car. GM seems to have improved their build quality over the past few years of Monte Carlos. I have had no mechanical problems whatsoever. I love the strong pulling V6, decent gas mileage, and the 8 speaker audio system.

240 hp V6, MP3/ipod compatible audio system, dual exhaust

Bigger instrument panel

1 year Review
By JJ

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent front wheel drive performance coupe. I have owned performance coupes since the late 1960's (GTO, Cuda, Olds 442, Road Runner, Trans AM and Malibu SS) and this car reminds me allot of the 1969 GTO Judge I owned - in terms of handling, performance and pure fun to drive. Highly recommended..

Performance - reliability.

None

My Monte SS
By Pierre Blais

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

First of all I picked the Monte Carlo SS because I love driving and around my area there are many winding country roads which makes this car a lot of fun to drive. Softer suspensions are no fun at all on these kinds of roads. The power of this car makes it easy to to pass slower moving traffic and is also quite economical on highways. Even though I am 59 I feel 30 driving this car. It is very comfortable when driving on highways or other smooth road surfaces.I usually change cars every 4 years but I will be keeping this one much longer. This is my best and most fun to drive car I've ever had. Quite a switch from 2 Malibu's in a row to this car.

My favorite features are #1-the power #2-Onstar #3-hands free phone #4- appearance (get many compliments from many people) #5-dashboard #6-18"wheels help comfort

The most important improvement would be to have the Monte Carlo SS fitted with a variable transmission. Also this car would sell much more than it does if GM advertised it as much as the other cars in its lineup