2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
2006 Monte Carlo
By Donald D. Starr II on 03/01/06 17:12 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The vehicle is responsive, solid with no squeaks. It has a very good turning radius. And I feel that it should be listed in the top ten list of cars with high quality. This is my fourth Monte Carlo and the most inproved. And it will run on ethanol or gasoline.

Al's SS
By big als ss on 02/10/06 06:50 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the 1 GM car I have bought in over 15 years as I have alway bought a German built auto. I find that this MC SS is a great value but the are area that GM cheap out on and that is in the interior. Tthey could use a lesion from Audi or VW how to make a very nice interior and keep cost down. The performance of the 5.3 liter v8 is outstanding as well as the comfort of the car. Gas mileage is so so about 18.5 20 mpg so far. I have spent time in a 1992 Corvette and have gotten over 29 mpg with it so I know GM can make this happen. This is a fun car to drive and be seen in.

Finally!
By Rachael Lange on 02/04/06 19:32 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

With it being my sixth vehicle in the last eight years, I can not say enough about it. It is the only one I would actually consider leasing another one of. I am very impressed with its handling capability being a front drive V8, and it also adds practicality (although hardly practical) for an every day driver, with roomy interior for a coupe. The ride is phenomenally solid and quiet. The only thing you're really going to hear is the rumble of that 5.3L, 303 hp engine. Gas mileage is actually better than my '04 Grand Prix GTP (Supercharged V6), by 2.5 miles! The redesigned front end was definitely over due and, gives the '06 Monte Carlo a much more sophisticated yet aggressive appearance.

2006 Monte Carlo SS
By CarolT on 01/28/06 23:12 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

While this car is fun to drive (and the V-8 is certainly a major improvement) the interior design leaves much to be desired. The shifter is in an terrible location and it's difficult to adjust the temp control. I opted for the premimum stereo system and it's not a premium sound in my opinion. Would I purchase this car again? Certainly, I would just opt for the cheap stereo system and upgrade it later. As for the temp control...well, maybe they'll get it right next time.

New 2006 Monte Carlo
By Janice on 01/23/06 13:20 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is my third Monte Carlo, the last being a 2003 SS but I did not want a V- 8 nor rear wheel drive as I like the front wheel. New front end looks very sleek. Personally I find the new bucket seats to be a bit too hard and the interior seems more narrow than the 2000 and 2003 Montes I owned. Only have a couple of hundred miles on this one but if the car holds up like the last two I'll be pleased. Low the traction control! Had that on the 2003 SS.

Worth serious consideration
By troutman on 01/14/06 17:17 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Chevy did a real nice job of touching up this reliable performer, making it more sleek in design and improving both the appearance and functionality of interior controls. What sold me was a combination of the fuel economy and the flex fuel engine offered in the 3.5L V-6, which runs on both unleaded, as well as E85 fuel. Finally, the base engine, in addition to being very miserly on fuel, has a surprising amount of power and has the feel of a sports coupe. This vehicle is worth both a test drive and serious consideration against any other manufacturer.

Awesome
By JIM PETRUCCI on 01/14/06 09:32 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Anyone who grew up in the 60's and 70's remembers the throaty sound of factory hotrods, well guess what, it's back. Aside from a great ride, the handling, power and sheer fun is back in this car. It seems that GM has learned from the NASCAR experience. Slight torque steer doesn't take away from this gem's muscle car heritage. This car starts to really cook after 80 mph. displacement on demand is seamless and makes the gas mileage great for a car with 300+ hp. I'm averaging 20.6 with only 1000 miles on the car it can only get better as the motor breaks in. The aerodynamics of the bodystyle add to the eye appeal. This car touches all 6 senses at the same time.

2006 Monte Carlo
By dhare2005 on 09/05/05 23:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LS 2dr Coupe (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Lots of room and space and fun to drive. Great fuel ecconomy for a car this size. The quality is great too. The price is lower than most cars in its class.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.