2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:
2006 Monte Carlo SS
By CHRIS KLEIN on 05/13/06 04:47 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Before I bought the car I was considering the Ford Mustang. I am a tall person and the Monte Carlo fit my bill better plus the front wheel drive is better than the rear wheel drive on the Mustang. So far I've driven the car 700 miles and have been averaging 20.7 to 21 miles per gallon overall. Not bad for a v8. I also like the comfort of the leather seats with the lumbar support. If you have back problems itÂ’s great. The stereo system is excellent, also the remote start is awesome too. Overall I'm very happy I bought the Monte Carlo instead.

A lot better than past years!
By Day on 04/28/06 17:26 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I've had a 2002 Monte and after I had a lot of stuff go wrong with it, I looked into getting a new car. I narrowed my choices to 3 cars. Mustang, Monte and Charger. Mustang way too small. Charger has more power. But only 2/10 of a sec quicker. Plus doesn't have some of the features that I like. The Monte has everything but a DVD nav system. Cell phone, on star, DOD (charger doesn't let you know when its active or not.) Remote start. I think alot of people need to rethink the GM's lineup. There cars have power not stuck at 200 HP like in the past. This car all around better then 2000-2005 Monte year. MPG for me is around 15.8. Sorry people, you have to pay for power.

My new Monte Carlo
By Alfred on 04/28/06 10:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LTZ 2dr Coupe (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I really like it, but the suspension is a little stiff. I don't know if it's because it is new or it has a sports suspension, but I can feel all the bumps in the road. Also, the wind noise is a little bit high for this type of car.

Built in Oshawa CA-JD Powers Plant Award
By very proud driver on 04/19/06 18:20 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Built by proud Canadians - JD Powers award for the plant that built my car - very cool! Interior and exterior of car turns my friend's heads - wow very cool car. Recent trip on expressway at 67 mph on cruise - got 35.1 mpg - way above the 31 mpg rating for the 3.5 V-6 engine in my Monte Carlo LT model - great job Chev - way better than my Olds Cutlass Supreme LS. Onstar and XM features are great - only have 500 miles in 6 weeks but this is obviously a keeper

The heartbeat of America for sure
By samuel e. lyons on 04/16/06 19:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This Monte Carlo SS is the best car of everything a man could want in a performance and luxery vehicle . For top end performance this car is great, as for getting on the freeways this Monte Carlo is great on the response and acceleration. Just everything about this car is the best. An affordable nascar look a like and classy car.

New Monte Carlo
By Knights man on 04/05/06 08:07 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/1LT (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my new black Monte LT and so far really like it. It now has 5,000 miles on the clock and the engine feels like it has loosened up a bit giving me better mileage and power. I have got over 30 on the highway and usually 24-25 in town. This car handles too! I could wish for exterior door molding protection as I had to order that from Chevy parts and the floor shifter should have indicators like they used to. I also would prefer it if the rear spoiler was an option instead of std.

My Lil Deuce Coupe
By Tadd LaDuke on 03/24/06 09:40 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Much better than the previous models in design and looks. A bit hard to control on fast take offs off the line. Once going a breeze to handle and control. Love to drive it. Many luxury options, heated leather seats, built in cell, heated mirrors, on-line diplay of tire pressure and remaing oil life.

Fun to Drive.. Buy it!
By Tadd La Duke on 03/14/06 16:54 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This is the third Monte I have owned. I still have my 2004 Monte SS. This 2006 is head and shoulders above the previous years of Montes. It is quiet, smooth riding and responsive. It appears to have much more quality than the previous models. It turns a lot of heads. The styling reflects NASCAR inspiration and excitement.

NASCAR Inspired Monte
By Roland on 03/10/06 20:26 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is a fun car to drive with great power for a 4.9l. The body and fuel economy is outstanding for a 3400 pound car. Show me a car with that weight getting that kind of fuel economy with the price under 24k considering all the other models in its class. I will say I have the upgraded stereo and it stinks bad! Sound like the stereo is out of phase. Other than that I think it is a great car well worth a serious look at.

Every Day is Talladega, Part II
By The Gunny (Retired) on 03/05/06 10:02 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Coupe LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Thus far, the new Monte has made trips to Chicago and the Quad Cities, and combined with the day to day driving to and from work, there is no doubt in my (former) military mind that this is the best car I have ever driven. The 3.9 6 cyl has enough power to get me noticed by the Iowa Patrol (hasn't happened yet), yet seems to be keeping the MPG at around 20 city (although the instant economy feature has shown me mileage around 30+ on occasion). The heated leather and remote start feature makes cold days nothing to fear, and it's a nice change to come into a heated car on the way home from work. No, it's not a Mustang or Corvette, but the lines and performance thus far belie NEXTEL Cup.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.