Used 2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Monte Carlo model:

Get it before it's gone!
By earl

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I love my car and that is after nearly 2 years of mostly freeway miles. I get 27 there and average 19 mpg for a 303 hp V8. My Z28 had 315 and the insurance is half as much. The radio system is awesome. Buy the car loaded if you can. The chromatic mirrors and leather seats make for an enjoyable experience. This car is a highway interceptor. It outruns most vehicles on the freeway with ease. It outhandles my 02 Z28 in the curves. Get one while they are still around.

Seats, quiet ride, and handling. XM radio with OnStar much better than my 02 Avalanche.

2009 model hopefully would have a 6 speed with tapshift or a 7 speed stick with rear wheel drive. A 6.0 ls2 would also be nice as an option for those that don't care about gas mileage.

2006 Monte Carlo SS
By Chris Paffett

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have driven the front wheel drive 2006 SS for a year now and been happy for chosing it over the other 300 hp 2 door sedans available. Although, not the most refined road manners compared to Swedish sedans I've owned, it delivers 26 mpg on sustained highway trips. It is roomier, lighter and faster than it looks. City mileage is 18 mpg at best, not to mention it should only be fueled with 93 octane. The Goodyears Eagles are a bit noisy between 45-60 mph, but grab very well at high speed manuvering. Not as refined as say the Infiniti GX35 coupe nevertheless I'll take the roomier cabin over flashy interior. Torque steer is noticable when you hard throttle at low speeds, but managable.

Hands free OnStar telephone, XM radio, cargo net in trunk.

Seat back control arm is not continous. A window defroster that does not rely on AC.

Fun to Drive
By DJL100

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned this Monte Carlo 3LT with the 3.9L engine for 3 months. It is a fun car to drive and looks fantastic!

Dual zone climate control, remote start

Cup holder position awkward, wind noise from passenger side of windshield, original tires are horrible -- replaced them with Goodyear Assurance COmfortred (excellent tire!)

Really Pushing The Limit
By Iceman

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo LT 2dr Coupe w/3LT (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

First, I owned 2 Tbirds and the "interior" guy should shut it. Its a lot more like the old Tbirds than most people would think, just front wheel drive. I have thrown this car around corners, ran 15s in the quarter, and have squashed a lot of the competition. I use to be a Ford guy, and kinda still am at heart. I miss my Tbird very much, but this car is the closest thing to a big 2 door coupe that has is close to my old bird. I honestly think that if the car was a little lighter, it would be even faster, but for a stock car runnin a V-6 engine, I am incredibly empressed, I just wish it were rear wheel drive. It has performance, handling, great looks, and an awesome ride. I love it!

The big two doors baby! Most cars these days that are 2 door coupes, dont have them big wing doors. I love the long low body and the aerodynamics, and the overall looks of the car. It's an awesome car and I am proud to own it.

I would have made this car a rear wheel drive with a better air intake system. When coming off the line, she absolutely loves to break loose and spin the tires. Who wants traction control! Have some fun!!! I think if it had a better air flow system, it would have more power and better economy.

Love Da Monte!
By G. Ruckdeschel

2006 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS 2dr Coupe (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

If you like power, style and turning heads on the road, this is your car. I have the laser blue metalic with the silvertone and on a clear sunny day I get countless compliments on my car. 303 horses gives you the power when needed, but the ride is smooth.

Double chromed pipes and Nascar look.

Smaller doors. They are kind of long and you have to be careful especially when you have passengers of them opening too wide and into a curb or another vehicle.